Do you vape ?

I think the refills are legal to sell in Aus, provided they don't contain nicotine.

People appear to be buying nicotine-containing refills from overseas

Nah you can buy nicotine refills here, usually where you buy the ecig will have it to.
1/3 the price if you buy batches os instead though.

Yep, I've been vaping for almost two years now.

Quite a learning curve until I got sorted with which ejuice and equipment I liked to use but definitely worth it for me :)

Have a look at AussieVapers.com heaps of info and help on there.

The I think the authorities here may have been smoking mota. The rules seem to vary slightly by state.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...ttes-remain-hazy/story-fni0fit3-1227280041795

Anyway, I doubt you'll get the death sentence.

Looks like the authorities are confused again. Good.

BANS on using or selling e-cigarettes in Victoria are shrouded in haze, with even the authorities responsible for enforcing them seemingly confused about the legalities.

Despite the state and federal governments insisting electronic cigarettes that contain nicotine are illegal to import, use, possess or sell in Victoria, the Customs and Border Protection service has confirmed they are not stopping them entering.

When asked how many enforcement actions had taken place relating to e-cigarettes Victoria Police were not able to determine which law the devices fell under.

Yep, l've been vaping 6mths. But we'll no doubt be getting the electric chair for it soon like everything else we can't do here.
They have vape cafes in the US and in most clubs and bars . Smoke shops with 100s of vapes to choose from. Which would be really handy because it's hard to get any range here.
Tobacconists often have a few , not much though and eliquid at triple price.
l use the net and we do have a few Aussie bong and vape sellers over the net but prices are triple, worth waiting from os .

My bros mate gave up 3 yrs ago 3packs a day and puffs away on this eliquid pipe.
l've been trying dry herb vapes which use tobacco, or herbs or dope or whatever you wanna shove in it .
The flavor is beautiful and it's a helluva a lot easier and cheaper to buy tobacco rather than pay triple here for e liquid.
l love the tobac flavor, very satisfying , you can give up with it and it is def' far better for you, a fraction the crap of a cig.
Though l like the portable pen shaped dry herb vapes and it seems near impossible to get one that lasts even a few wks .
They do have other strange looking designs out there in herb portables but they look ridiculous. Some are very good though.
So l'm smoking again because every time l buy one so far it's useless in a day , wk , or mth . Yet to find a herb vape in the pen/cigar style that is usable day in day out to replace ciggs .

Good info Random. Are you off the cigs now?

Yep, I've been vaping for almost two years now.

Quite a learning curve until I got sorted with which ejuice and equipment I liked to use but definitely worth it for me :)

Have a look at AussieVapers.com heaps of info and help on there.

Hey Cindy I'll have a look at that site but can you tell me what model/equipment you decided on? Have you given up the cigs completely in those 2 years while vaping?

Hey Cindy I'll have a look at that site but can you tell me what model/equipment you decided on? Have you given up the cigs completely in those 2 years while vaping?

Hi Nomadic

When I started vaping I was still smoking 50% of the time. Figured that even if I could cut my smokes down that was good. Within 2 mths I was vaping full time, once I found the level of nicotine that suited me, and haven't had a cigarette since :) Don't miss them at all.

I like to use the cartomiser tanks. I find they give the best flavour and are the most hassle free for me to use. I have about 6 of the Bella Tanks from the US in various colours. Collecting the pretty colours can be an addiction in it's self! lol

Up until a couple of months ago I was using a Provari Mini. Never thought I would spend the money on one but it was definitely worth it. Found it to be bullet proof, always worked, never failed me. I'm now using an iStick 30W. Love these little things. Easy to use & carry about, charge with USB like a mobile & last for a couple of days between charge. Think these will be my 'go to' equipment for a while :)

Kudos for the info Cindy, exactly what I was after. I think I'll get a Provari Mini which looks cool and good quality made in the US. But why spend the money on a Provari and then start using an iStick 30W? They don't look much smaller or portable than the Provari?

provariminipolish-3.jpg

eqaqy3en.jpg

iStick_30W_3_grande.jpg

does it really replace conventional smokes though?

i remember when i was a smoker big part of enjoyment came from holding the actual cigarette in your fingers, smelling the tobacco etc.

using these plastic things seems to me similar to having sex with plastic women :p

Kudos for the info Cindy, exactly what I was after. I think I'll get a Provari Mini which looks cool and good quality made in the US. But why spend the money on a Provari and then start using an iStick 30W? They don't look much smaller or portable than the Provari?

I fancied a change :)

I bought my Provari 2nd hand and it's still going strong. I thought about buying the new P3 or even another 2nd hand Provari mini as a back up (always have a back up!) but decided on the iStick.

With the Provari you need to carry spare batteries. With the iStick you just take another iStick or a USB cable to recharge. You can use while charging. The iStick is smaller to carry/fit in pocket, different feel to hold as squareish, fits in hand easily. It's all personal preference really. I have the iStick in Blue/Red/Silver lol....and different colour tanks! :)

I'm not sure how long the iStick's internal battery will last with constant recharging. You just buy new individual batteries for the Provari, which I have already done in the last year.

We will see :)

Thanks Cindy. Been considering a liquid one myself just for easy reliability and long battery life.
Picked up one cheapie 6mths ago , still going. 3 days on a battery to as compared to a few hrs with a dry herb vape.
l've got an Atmos boss right now , does herb or tobacco . It;s very cool looking , nice to use , beautiful flavor but again , , gotta charge it 3times a day if you wanna just use it and not smoke.
Get more batteries , l've just gotta charge them to so , again , pain , bit disappointed.

The pax is suppose to be one of the best for herb and lasts but l hate the look of it. Same with all the other good ones.

So l'm still on and off cigs again until l can find one l like that keeps on goin.

does it really replace conventional smokes though?

i remember when i was a smoker big part of enjoyment came from holding the actual cigarette in your fingers, smelling the tobacco etc.

using these plastic things seems to me similar to having sex with plastic women :p

What's sex with a plastic women like anyway :eek:

Back