Dirty grout

Ive had a unit become vacate recently. Looks like its time for a freshen up. I'm going to repaint and replace the vanity but the whole unit is tiled and the grout is noticeably black compared to the white tiles. Does anyone know of a quick and cheap way of cleaning them?

I came across a product a few years ago called Grout Perfect. It's a sort of grout resurfacer. Much longer wearing than a grout pen and comes in a selection of colours. You also don't need to remove the existing grout which is very time consuming.

If you're planning to hold on to the property and continue to rent out, then perhaps match your grout colour to the tile colour. This will give you a more continuous look (not criss-cross like you get with contrasting grout and tile colours) which is more modern and more practical (unless the floor tiles are white!).

Here's their website - they have a video which shows how to apply the product. Have recommended to a number of my clients as it is a fairly inexpensive way to tidy up tiled areas. http://www.groutperfect.net.au/

Hope that helps.

Back