Development / JV in Adelaide

Hi all, I am looking for some advice.

I own 2 adjacent houses in a great street within 5km of the Adelaide CBD. A third adjacent house is now on the market. Each house is $450k. Total area of the three blocks is over 2200m2, and council have confirmed 8 dwellings is possible including some detached. Those 8 dwellings would be worth about $450k each today. (In fact council even suggested 10 row houses was possible, but I feel at 5m wide those would be a pain to build and shift).

My household is now on one income (baby), so the third block is out of reach on serviceability. We have $200k cash. I'm looking at options. I don't want to rule anything in or out at this stage so everything is on the table. Options I can see so far include:

1. finding a lender for the 3rd block and continuing our strategy to hold for a further 5-10 years before developing.
2. agreeing to sell our 2 blocks outright to someone else upon completion of their purchase of 3rd block.
3. joint venture with another investor in approximately 66:33
4. joint venture with a builder, contributing the blocks in exchange for some of the resulting dwellings.

Any suggestions or other options would be very much welcomed. I don't really know who to contact to discuss these types of deals, I have e-mailed some developers such as Oakford and that's about it. I'd be happy to discuss the specifics further with anyone that is interested.

It would be great to get that third property.

What about finding someone else to buy it with you as tenants in common?

Back