nras

1. propinvestor

Nras otp

Greetings fellow members, My first post here so please be patience with me... I've been reading a bit lately on this forum particularly in relation to NRAS. I've been planning to buy NRAS OTP property and was wondering what conditions would be good to be included in contract to secure...
  2. L

NRAS Valuations

I've been having some preliminary discussions with 2 NRAS companies, trying to decide who to go with and establish a long term relationship. I've seen it discussed in these forums, that you should get up front valuations for "off the plan" NRAS properties to avoid surprises later on. I...
  3. N

NRAS in Broome

Hi, I'm a long time reader of these forums but first time poster - hoping some of you might have some words of wisdom for me. I have one IP at present (a 2 bed Apt in Camperdown, Sydney) which is doing quite well. I've been looking to get an NRAS property for quite some time. I've seen...
  4. C

NRAS - Yagoona or Farifield

Hi everyone, I'm very new to all of this and looking for some opinions - I've just graduated and hoping to do some investing in the property market. Currently i have a choice between Yagoona ($407K for a unit - 2 bed, 1 bathroom, 1 garage) and Fairfield ($368K per unit - 2 bed, 1...
  5. F

Gladstone finished or has some steam?

I am in a good position in that I have the opportunity to purchase an NRAS house and land package in Calliope (25min for Gladstone) for 45k less than what non nras are currently selling. I am I bit concerned about the recent oversupply of new housing there. We all know it takes time for...
  6. A

NRAS fail experience - be very selective

Having trouble sleeping so thought I'd share a sobering experience today, some sad regrets re my own missteps with NRAS, and try to temper/nuance some investment advice I gave to good friends which has been too one-sided in the recent past. Had another inquiry from a friend today regarding...
  7. C

NRAS questions

Just trying to get a clearer picture on the NRAS. Is it true that one could claim the full rebate no matter what the purchase price or rental income is? NRAS approved properties should be priced the same as non NRAS properties? Are there additional fees such as "consortium fees" that...
  8. Paul Thewlis

NRAS in Budget 2012

The Federal Government’s Budget 2012 announcement has the National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS) on a steady-as-she-goes course. After last year’s budget significantly adjusted the timing of the role out of NRAS properties, this year’s budget reaffirms the Gillard Government’s commitment...
  9. E

NRAS in middle ridge, Toowoomba?

Hi all, a noob here and this is my first post (been lurking around). I'm currently looking for first IP and considering an NRAS townhouse in Toowoomba. The area sounds quite promising and the number makes sense - slightly positive geared after the incentives. Ideal on paper since I'm also...
  10. R

NRAS property in Churwar, Ipswitch, Qld

Hi All, Has any body hear about NRAS properties in Churwar, Ipswitch, Qld. We were told by the agent that this is a good suburb in Ipswtich. However, the NRAS properties cash flow is not positive. This is because: 1. PM fee is 11% over the Market Rent + the $12.83 compliant fee weekly...
  11. Paul Thewlis

NRAS - Doing the investment numbers on the National Rental Affordability Scheme

NRAS (National Rental Affordability Scheme) has received a deal of comment in this forum. Some great information has been shared and some comments have in my view lacked a basis in fact. Perhaps it’s my research background but I like a good set of numbers to support a point of view. So I was...
Back