Sell your own house (no Agent)

Have inspected enough that are for sale through private owner. Start by doing the basics correctly, professional photos (they work) only cost $100-150 or so, present the property well, have a sensible and well researched pricing strategy, have the documents and support ready to go and inspections well planned out.

have to agree with Andrew

photos and script and plenty of open homes.

get all the Contracts ready beforehand.

+ being an investment property form 10 (notice to sell) and form 9s before all opens and permission to take internal photo and conduct open homes are now required.

and all the investment info rates, body corp, rental return. m2

Pm me if you need a hand or photographer happy to pass her details on.

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can share their experiences on selling their investment home themselves without an agent?

I am looking at using one of below:

http://www.buymyplace.com.au
http://www.agentinabox.com.au

Keen to hear from people that might have done this themselves and what their thoughts are?

Cheers,

I've sold both IP and PPORs in the past though I'd still advocate using an excellent agent to often achieve a superior result. However, some tips if you're going it alone and aren't in sales:

1. Signage a must- cheapest but often most effective way of selling.
2. Local flyers- neighbours can be huge source of local buyers
3. Great photos and ad copy on domain buymyplace and anywhere else you want to advertise (if you can get into realestate via a third party agency)
4. Print advertising- everyone poo poos it but still worth an ad in the local paper even if only for a 2 week run.
5. Have your contract good to go before opening up to buyers
6. Get a b/p done to fix everything up and then an updated one to supply to buyers (using a well known company like Archicentre a good idea as they're well known and consumers can see there's no conflict of interest)
7. Smarten up your negotiation skills- be prepared when the calls come and the offers start coming in. What's your plan? How are you going to qualify the enquiries? How are you going to handle the offers? Be very clear to buyers about how it's going to work if you're expecting a lot of interest etc
8. Going to auction? Hire a bloody good auctioneer (someone like Charlie Powell or similar if in Sydney) to make it more professional - they're worth every cent.
9. De-clutter, clean, repair and get a third party through the place to tell you what they notice that's not right/not clean/cheap/detracting etc. Style appropriately.
10. Have opens but also be willing to show people out of hours if necessary.

Good luck!

Back