Best PI books you have read

I am trying to learn more about property investing. Can anyone recommend some PI books that they have read and find relate to the Australian market?

Thanks

I am trying to learn more about property investing. Can anyone recommend some PI books that they have read and find relate to the Australian market?

Thanks

Here's my list:
1. Streets Ahead (Monique Wakelin)
2. How to Create Real Wealth through Real Estate (Helen Collier-Kogtevs)
3. Mastering The Australian Housing Market (John Lindeman)
4. Four Green Houses and A Red Hotel (Pete Wargent)

Interesting no one mentions Jan Somers?

Her book "Building Wealth through Investment Property" is what first got me to property investment and this forum :)

Her book "Building Wealth through Investment Property" is what first got me to property investment and this forum :)

May be because it's an older book and it is listed (along with many others) in the thread titled: "FAQ: Books & Authors" in the Information Resources section of this forum. ;)

Ahh, you just remind me the first book I read about Property Investment that made me motivated & started, around 10 years ago.

How You Could Build A $10 Million Property Portfolio In Just 10 Years (Peter Spann)

That's the first book I ever read - and is still one of the best for learning the fundamentals.

It also got me onto this site 5 years ago.

Cheers

Jamie

Here's my list:
1. Streets Ahead (Monique Wakelin)
2. How to Create Real Wealth through Real Estate (Helen Collier-Kogtevs)
3. Mastering The Australian Housing Market (John Lindeman)
4. Four Green Houses and A Red Hotel (Pete Wargent)

I second Mastering The Australian Housing Market (John Lindeman). Great read and interesting insight into picking trends and generational differences.

I second Mastering The Australian Housing Market (John Lindeman). Great read and interesting insight into picking trends and generational differences.

I've seen that mentioned before on SS, after I get through this current one, that will be next. Has anyone read anything else by - John Lindeman?

1. My four year old property investor by Cam McLellan
2. How to build a multi million dollar property portfolio by Michael Yardney
3. Mastering the Australian housing market by John Lindeman
4. From 0 to 130 properties in 3.5 years by Steve McKnight
5. How to achieve property success by Margaret Lomas

There are more useful books. And there are a few useless ones as well.

And the above mentioned are general books. There are a number of books about taxation, development, renovation etc

Last edited:
What did you think of this one? I've read it. Maybe I need to read it once more.

Buying 100s of properties not something I will recommend. Steve McKnight himself doesn't recommend it anymore. But that book carries lots of basic information about property investing. It is one of the earlier books I read and it guided me a lot. Forums like somersoft are more useful once we read atleast 5 property investment books. Steve's book is good enough to be one in five. Btw, I have read his other books as well.

One point readers should note is that the property investing game have slightly changed in the recent years. Authors are not saying that the properties will double in value in 7 years anymore. So when we read books published before the last few years, we should be aware that the game have changed now.

In regards to property investing, there isn't a book(yet) that tells you step by step what to do, with the last page reading 'Now you are rich' bit instead they talk about the different methods available and have inspiring stories of successful investors. There are books that I consider really great investment books even though they may not even mention the word property.

Go For your Life - Chris Grey
Don't Eat The Marshmallow Yet - Joachim de Posada and Ellen Singer
From 0 to 130 Properties in 3.5 Years by Steve McKnight

...Steve McKnight himself doesn't recommend it anymore. But that book carries lots of basic information about property investing. ...

That what I was thinking also - reason I asked. Very interesting approach and story though. I got it as an e-book, so hardly cost anything.

That Chris Gray is a good speaker, and has good ideas. I saw his youtube video in his presentation to CPA Australia. It thought it was well worth watching.

10 mil in 10 years - peter spann
Ordinary millionaires - jim mcknight
More wealth through property - jan somers

Back