Badgerys Creek

Did anyone else read that the government had not committed a rail line to the new airport? I know it is early days but jeez that is poor. A new airport located 50km+ from the CBD with no rail link - does not make much sense I reckon !!

Did anyone else read that the government had not committed a rail line to the new airport? I know it is early days but jeez that is poor. A new airport located 50km+ from the CBD with no rail link - does not make much sense I reckon !!

The Federal Government hasn't committed to funding it as they say it is State responsibility.

Yeah the prices have been moving quite alot. Their is alot diversity in Liverpool a lot of nationalities and their is also a lot of construction that is going on in Liverpool and a lot of units that will be made available in the next 6-24 months. I grew up in the area and have seen the area change quite a bit

Agreed you would think Liverpool would be a good winner, you'll have additional jobs shortly through upgrades to infrastructure and public transport supporting badgerys creek, and then you'll have the start of the airport development in a few years. You would think a number of these jobs will be for people who live around Liverpool, this should at least support rents.

Any prediction where will construction workers live?

http://www.yourinvestmentpropertyma...t-growth-amid-second-airport-talk-186679.aspx

According to the article "....initial construction phase would generate around 4,000 jobs"

I am not really inviting discussion on the capital growth predictions, but more focus on people's feedback as to where will the constructions workers be tenanted.

So where would be they be accommodated?
How many are interstate workers?
How many construction companies?
Will they build their own accommodation facilities onsite?
If you look after the Tenancy for interstate workers, where will you put them?

The closest suburbs with houses 15-20km suitable for accommodation for construction workers:
To the East: Hoxton Park/Cecil Park
To the South: Harrington Park/Narellean
To the North: St Clair/Erskine Park/St Marys/Glenmore Park
To the West: Nothing

I had driven around the Badgerys Creek site over the Easter break. What you see on Google Map is what you actually see onsite. They're all rural areas within the 10-15km proximity.

It might be 10-12 years before we see the airport completed. But we should see construction workers pouring in the next 18-24months. Unless they build their own accommodation, there will seek accommodation from those surrounding suburbs.

Thoughts? Feedback?

Questions about zoning and Rail Corridors

Hi Guys

I live on Badgerys Creek Road, Approx 2 kms from the current entrance to the Airport site.

A few things have come to light in recent days including the potential for a rail corridor to be secured by state government to be completed most likely after the airport is built (in 10-15 years)

Whats the process of Rail corridor acquisition? Ive heard rumors they acquired land at today's value and you can still live in the house until they need it in the future. Can anybody shed a little light on this?

Also, Im on 7 acres, recently a place down the road (April Last year) which is 90 acres, Zoned RU1 for Primary Production (Its a shale mine) was sold for 5 million. Any ideas if the land here were to be rezoned Industrial for warehousing ect for the airport, what you could be looking at for 7 acres?

Thanks for any Feedback

Hi Guys

I live on Badgerys Creek Road, Approx 2 kms from the current entrance to the Airport site.

A few things have come to light in recent days including the potential for a rail corridor to be secured by state government to be completed most likely after the airport is built (in 10-15 years)

Whats the process of Rail corridor acquisition? Ive heard rumors they acquired land at today's value and you can still live in the house until they need it in the future. Can anybody shed a little light on this?

Also, Im on 7 acres, recently a place down the road (April Last year) which is 90 acres, Zoned RU1 for Primary Production (Its a shale mine) was sold for 5 million. Any ideas if the land here were to be rezoned Industrial for warehousing ect for the airport, what you could be looking at for 7 acres?

Thanks for any Feedback

An authority acquisition, assuming it will be Transport of NSW who will acquire your land, will value based on current zoning on the resumption date (the official date that your land will be acquired) in the absence of public purpose, meaning the valuation of your land if the proposed rail wasn't there.
If it was rezoned for Industrial now or before the acquisition date, then its a different story...BUT the Dept of Planning and Transport of NSW are government bodies, do you not assumed your land will rezoned after acquisition date?

At least for North West Rail Link acquisition I am aware, Government wants you to move out on acquisition date. If you want to stay, you have to paid them rent.

7 Acres is about 28,000m2. they will value your land based on $ per m2.
if they use shale mine as comparable, which is $14/m2 then your land is under $400k plus improvement plus solatium. If you have a business conducted on the land, they may compensate you for it.

my experience in the NWRL, tells me the Transport for NSW who acquires land for transport purpose is tight as, compared to Council, Sydney Water, RMS etc acquisition.

One advice is form the day you receive the letter of intention to acquire your land from the Authority, it will be a long journey from negotiation to Land and Environmental court if you chose to reject the offer and want to fight for it.

Hope this helps and good luck.

I'll be amazed if they ever get beyond jawboning on this project. As a Sydneysider I am beyond sceptical about any Government (state of federal) having the capacity to get anything done with even remote competence, in NSW. A century ago, when Sydney had 1 million people an extensive rail network was built in quick time. During the most wealthy period in our history and with a population and tax base approaching 5 times that, ( and lets not forget it's all dual income households nowadays vs single income in those days) they've fiddled and fussed and barely managed to get 2 new links - not lines- just links, added to the network. Those would be the North West and South West "links". They've also managed to build motorways that were redundant before they were finished (fancy deciding a 2 lane road in a city if 4.5 million will suffice) and that's WITH the worlds highest toll costs, so you'll forgive me for believing it when I see it - the airport, I mean.

This city just doesn't get things done anymore. Gridlocked traffic and gridlocked political hand-balling just goes on and on and on.... Not a sound business mind amongst the lot of them. All too worried about their 3 year term. If they had half a brain they'd move outside the usual tactics of selling off assets or entering into commercially idiotic PPP's and they'd do something half smart like selling $10,000 Govt infrastructure bonds to the NSW public with a 5 year deferred 5% franked dividend, and you know what, if sold as a straight up , city or nation building fund I'd bet most people would happily invest . Not a great financial return- but decent... but I think most people would wear it to see things actually get done. There is such a thing as civic pride, still.

Sorry... I digress. Back to the real world. I'll believe it when I see it- and even if they do build it, they're already admitting there wont be roads or rail to service it. And if it took 20 years, 17 announcements and cancellations, re-announcements and re-cancellations to get the North West Rail Link started, how long do you think the airport will wait for a high speed rail link to Parramatta and the CBD, and regular network links to the rest of the Sydney network.? And even if they did build the rail, you know it will just be a patchwork link like the NW and SW links... Can you imagine international travelers getting off a 15, 18,22 hour flight, jumping onto the Sydney rail network, having to change at St Mary's or Liverpool or Blacktown, then trawling into the CBD?. As most international flights land in Australia at 6-7am, those passengers should clear customs and reach the Sydney network right around peak hour, too. How wonderful it will all work out for them. Seating galore. Air conditioned comfort. Pleasant bogan passengers !!! I mean, seriously!

For a wealthy nation, we do infrastructure really, really poorly. We have nothing on the Koreans or the Brits or the Japanese or the Canadians etc etc

It will be a LOOOONG way away, and nothing is set in concrete. But potentially more train links to SW Sydney:

They should also join the NWRL to St Marys and down to Badgerys Creek if possible.

Will look forward to hear the proposal (if any) at NSW Election early next year.

It does makes sense to join the NRWL with St Marys from a infrastructure perspective. The proposed Schofields stabling yard near Tallawong Rd will eventually be extended to Schofields station, then to Marsden Park/Richmond..

It is a long way to go, but it seemed NSW is on full throttle in the recent years with infrastructure expansion. eg the Badgerys Creek has been the talk for last 40 years, the NWRL for last 20 years, but only in recent years that been confirmed.

It does makes sense to join the NRWL with St Marys from a infrastructure perspective. The proposed Schofields stabling yard near Tallawong Rd will eventually be extended to Schofields station, then to Marsden Park/Richmond..

Yeah it makes sense but then again there is no logic in most Government policies so there are no guarantees, even though they have already reserved the corridor for the extended NWRL. Hope they do though.

From MMM's (Sydney radio station) Facebook page:

Which western Sydney suburbs will be most affected by Sydney's second airport at Badgerys Creek?

The runway will be positioned North-East / South-West which means the following suburbs will be most affected by aircraft noise.

5. Bella Vista - 60db
4. Blacktown - 65db
3. Seven Hills - 68db
2. Arndell Park - 70db - Which is like standing at Leichhardt Oval and listening to a plane fly over to Mascot
1. Horsley Park - 80db

Increased aircraft noise is expected to impact on house prices in these suburbs. Triple M approached 6 real estate agents in the Blacktown-Seven Hills area for comment?and NOT ONE responded.

2014-04-16-badgerys-flight-path-over-swgc.jpg

I saw that yesterday too.

Looks like my parents at St Clair will do well at missing out on major aircraft noise. Those of us closer to Parra look like hearing a bit.

Sydney Airport may need to redirect its aircraft based on this, as their holding pattern for their backlog seems to be over Greystanes/Pemulwuy/Smithfield which is close to the proposed flight path for Badgerys.

Based on this chart it may be a boom for St Clair/St Marys/Penrith property for proximity to the airport and low aircraft noise.

Been recently heavily invovled in the construction of the new Oran Park ZS project so have had to drive via Badgerys Creek Rd (BCR) quite a few times.

What's with the major civil works happening out there in the middle of BCR? Does anyone know what they're doing with the roads out there?

Back