What is your wage?

What is your average yearly income from your job?

• Below $30k

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • $31-$40k

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • $41-50k

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • $51-60k

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • $61-70k

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • $71-$80k

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • $81-90k

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • $91-$100k

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • $100-150k

Votes: 51 28.3%
  • $150-$200k

Votes: 19 10.6%
  • $201k +

Votes: 33 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lots of discussion about the social/financial demographic of the folks on SS...

I'm interested to know what everyone is earning. PAYE, or wage earned from your busness as either a drawing or as a PAYE from your buisness.

Do not include investment income - unless your only income is investment

The assumption is that the average wage is somewhere around the $50k mark these days?

Maybe it's bit higher - $50-$60k?

You don't have to mention your profession but please vote on your average yearly income earned from your job/business.

Last edited:
I've put Hubby's income down as mine is negligible from teaching & working at the rink, and all income earned from the Business is going directly to pay down Trust expenses, so no wage there.

Also, for finance purposes, we don't mention mine at all either, so the real figure I guess you want is Hubby's.

It doesn't take into account double wage families. If a single person has an income of $60,000 that makes a huge difference in possibilities to a couple each with $60,000.

I put mine for this year. Next year it goes down by 2/5. :D Smile because I'm working 4 days not because of the lower wage. ;)

What about salary packaging component - company car supplied etc?

I guess that component should be added. BV is simply trying to see the 'average yearly income'.

BV.... I think 100-150K is too wide. It can be broken into 100-120K and 120-150K. At least that is how Seek breaks it.

Last edited:
I put down wage but not profit share as that is a variable. Last year it was next to nothing, this year quite solid. Such a volatile market it's too hard to predict.

Can't really answer the Poll.

Our investments is our business. So I have to included income from investments because that's all we get.

We use as much as we need. Until recently we would declare 4 x amounts up to the 30% tax threshold. This is as a dividend. The rest would stay in the investment structure. The 4 is for my wife and self and our 2 sons.

I have just changed the pay method for my sons and they are now both in the Paye system and earning $60k plus company benefits.

Cheers

It doesn't take into account double wage families. If a single person has an income of $60,000 that makes a huge difference in possibilities to a couple each with $60,000.

Agree. If single and double incomes where taken into account the differences would be huge.

Single is often not a life time scenario for the majority of people.

Often you get one person in a couple who are happy to be on a lower, often p/t income too, if their partners also brings in a wage.

I know many couples like that, ie. single income 35K, double income 135K.

Another poll including single and double incomes would change that poll picture significantly.

$65k/year gross as a community legal solicitor in case anyone was curious.

I read somewhere earlier this year that the average was $78k in WA.

Back