Gutter oil

And yet we allow Chinese food imports in to our country with virtually no checking or testing and wonder why locals cannot complete.....

Peter:(

I am acquainted to a lot of China mainland and Taiwan people. This is one of the reason why they give up and fled their country. I mean its food that they eat day to day, and you have 1 in 10 chance of buying a tasty gutter oil deep fried chicken... There was the baby infant powder scandal...now this.

Eek, I'm growing all my own food from now on and never leaving Aus! :) Reminds me of an incident a couple of years ago. We got Thai food on the way home from my sons dental appointment, recommended from dentist as great. There was bitumin in my sons spring roll. :(
Another report I heard recently. Overseas don't have restrictions of chemicals on food and vege and Aus doesn't restrict the imports or make labeling of chemicals compulsory. I used to buy a lot of frozen berries for kids when they were out of season, not anymore!

... and the kiddies toys with lead based paint ... and the toothpaste with something weird in it a few years back ... and from a friend who used to work there - sewerage pumped into one end of the lake and drinking water taken from the other ...

Chinese might be cheaper but I like my fruit and veges and meat to be Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

I find pets are better than some humans i've met BV.

Re:Gutter oil,reminds me of a simpsons episode :p

Cheers Spades.

I went a couple of months of eating dodgy stuff in China in my early 20s'. I never got sick and thought I was invincible.....and then a chicken burger (how authentic of me) at a backpackers in Liajiang almost put me in hospital. It's the sickest I've ever been from food.

Cheers

Jamie

Gutter oil is something that has been discovered in recent years which is commonly used in (hawker stores / road side restaurants), in which Chinese government is now trying to control / eliminate.

I don't believe this has made it to the main stream Chinese food and food for export.

Yes, it is a social problem China faces, but do not perceive all of China eating this type of crap

Back