Someone tried to access our bank account

I've found the banks have been on the ball when we've had attempts , by credit card , to commit fraud ( by other people on us , not by us ...... )

But someone tried an additional twist when they tried to become a co- signature to our LOC by going to a branch and submitting forms Victoria .

They made me a co-signature to their account before apply , to give the impression of an established relation.....

One wonders about the wisdom of what they've done as they would have had to have given identifying info to open an account .

My first thought was .... How much do they have in their account ...

Second was . Cancel that co-signature agreement .

Anyone had anything similar ?

Cliff

That's not good at all.

We had someone access our credit card.

Once we realised we contacted the bank they investigated the transactions and they basically reversed the funds back into our account as they did establish it was fraudulent transaction, originated in US.

MTR

But someone tried an additional twist when they tried to become a co- signature to our LOC by going to a branch and submitting forms Victoria .

They made me a co-signature to their account before apply , to give the impression of an established relation.....
Cliff

Someone you know?

Just wondering as otherwise, how do they know you have asset for LOC, and made you a co-signature the their account?

@_@ Sounds very creepy

gotta be careful with what papers you throw into your recycling bin, as you never know who goes through them in the end.

we normally shred anything that contains our names nowadays.

gotta be careful with what papers you throw into your recycling bin, as you never know who goes through them in the end.

we normally shred anything that contains our names nowadays.

Agreed. The shredder is the most use piece of equipment in my office, behind the PC.

Never put anything in the general rubbish that has any identifying information on it like:

Names
Addresses
Account numbers
CC details

Everything that can get put through the shredder, goes through the shredder and then becomes worm food.

But then I get on Facebook and let the whole world what I'm up to and where I'm at. :p

I've never had something so exciting happen to me, but I did have two separate banks cancel my cards while I was in Spain because apparently there had been lots of CC fraud in Spain at the time and so they cancelled all cards that had any Spanish transactions on them. Not very convenient for me at the time.

I've found the banks have been on the ball when we've had attempts , by credit card , to commit fraud ( by other people on us , not by us ...... )

One wonders about the wisdom of what they've done as they would have had to have given identifying info to open an account .

My first thought was .... How much do they have in their account ...

Second was . Cancel that co-signature agreement .

Anyone had anything similar ?

Cliff

Not as bad as that,but we had to cancel one credit card that the Wife"boss" used in the USA a few weeks ago last week,and it was a perfect time bomb ticking away ,,first it was 2 times for 37 cents then 45 cents then 10 bucks all seemed to be linked too the hotel when I rang them the hotel that is just turned into a senseless argument,so I just cancelled the card last week,the Lady at the bank told me that's what happens someone tests the card a few times too see if it goes through then wacko just like randomly thrown darts on a massive numbers scale,..Schadenfreude..

Did they catch him? Seems like a pretty good episode of a cop drama, perhaps The Shield, have Vic Mackey rough him up a little in interogation.

Back