Redcliffe rail link.

Now of course this is in the "i'll believe it when i see it". We have been told by many many MANY governments that this was "happening soon"

But APPARENTLY the contract has been signed.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-to-open-in-2016/story-fnihsrf2-1226689462121

This SHOULD make a huge rise in property values for the pennisula.

What do you think?

Probably not

Area has good potential though
Was there last weekend and to quote another forum member, there were a lot of 'jerry springer show contestants' getting around.

It's a bit like frankston meets the gold coast

I think you can't go wrong there though - how many other beaches are there near Brisbane ? Stuff all!

Last time I drove through the North Lakes station area, there was a road bridge over the potential train line. As far as comparing it to Richlands (near Springfield), last month there was a train at Richlands station and I have been driving past it several times a year for three years before I ever saw a train over there. We will still live in hope.

Now of course this is in the "i'll believe it when i see it". We have been told by many many MANY governments that this was "happening soon"

But APPARENTLY the contract has been signed.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-to-open-in-2016/story-fnihsrf2-1226689462121

This SHOULD make a huge rise in property values for the pennisula.

What do you think?

If it actually goes ahead it should boost values, but as you stated "believe it when I see it", this is been going on for years now.

It looks like its all going ahead. There is a lot of prep work happening in the area also.

It seems that the properties around the proposed stations are receiving a lot of interest.

Lets just see how far behind schedule it is complete haha.

The project is definitely going ahead - one bridge has already been constructed as part of early works and the contract for the rest of the project has been awarded to Thiess. (Eventually some work will need to be done south of Petrie as well otherwise the existing corridor is going to reach capacity very quickly)

On the other side of Brisbane, the newly extended Springfield Line opens tomorrow.

Back