Pardon my ignorance... buyer's agent fee?

Hi all,

Came across this property on Domain ... not interested in purchasing, but the asking price description caught my eye: '$210k + BA. Buyer's Agent Fee Applies'.

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/House/QLD/Slacks-Creek/?adid=2010337610

I appreciate that this is probably a noob question, but... what is the definition of a 'buyer's agent fee' in this scenario?

i.e. If I was a time poor investor, I might employ a buyer's agent to seek out a suitable investment property on my behalf. But if I've just stumbled across a property on Domain, advertised for sale via a real estate agent, why am I paying a buyer's agent fee?

Again, sorry for the possibly obvious question but this is a new one for me.

Thanks

I don't think the advertiser on domain is a real estate agent. It looks more like they're buyers agents, vendor financiers and a few other things. They've found a property, want to sell it and want to take a fee from the buyer for doing this.

Kind of weird.

Thanks PT Bear.

Interestingly Paul Flynn (presumably of Paul Flynn Properties) is featured in this month's API mag (pg 38) and is described as an investor/buyer's agent who "targets owner-occupiers, particularly those interested in a rent-to-buy scenario". (Still not 100% sure what this means in an investment context.)

Their buyers agency fees are between 5k to 7k + gst

And yes he was in at least two magazines this month,

I got a spam email from him with no subject and just one line of text with " look who's on the cover" with a scan of the magazine cover, which I found odd

Anyway, I know this property, just be aware when they quote 9%+ yields its for fully furnished, and the demand for these is................

Do your own research!

Bizarre photo to use - looks like it's a screen shot of a google street maps image.

Not a noob question at all - I personally haven't seen listings with a BA fee incorporated into them before.

Cheers

Jamie

Back