Broome WA

just thought with james price point being soo close

It's all relative.

The way some people go on you'd think it's in the middle of town when in fact it's at some nondescript piece of dirt on a dirt track no-one ever heard of five years ago.

the jelly fish are as scary as the locals and it's very hot but is nice for the occasional break when you don't feel like drinking drinks spiked with methanol or being blown up

Dont know guess i just want maximum return from my purchase a little bit of analysis paralysis kicked in last week but after visiting the place over the weekend i think theres alot of potential.
Ive decided to go through with my gut feeling the gas plant being built is far closer to town than most people think! And rents are already well up there.
If Anyone can recommend a good builder building 3x2s or 4x2s under 550k PM Me!!

Dont know guess i just want maximum return from my purchase a little bit of analysis paralysis kicked in last week but after visiting the place over the weekend i think theres alot of potential.
Ive decided to go through with my gut feeling the gas plant being built is far closer to town than most people think! And rents are already well up there.
If Anyone can recommend a good builder building 3x2s or 4x2s under 550k PM Me!!

Just stumbled across this post and thought I'd weigh in. The gas plant will be located 60km north of Broome and will be built by a majority of FIFO workers, up to 97% to be precise so there won't be as high a demand for housing in Broome as we've seen in places like Karratha. If you do a few searches on google you will find that the local government is very much against the project and has insisted that as much of the workforce as possible be FIFO and that the camp be located well away from Broome itself so as not to affect the tourism industry of the area. They have even requested that incoming and outgoing workers wear civilian clothes so as the airport doesn't become a sea of yellow and orange shirts like the towns of Port Headland, Karratha, Moranbah etc.
I'm not saying there won't be positive financial effects on the property market there but it may be worth doing a little more research before jumping in.

crazy huh? turn away oil and gas money so the backpackers don't get upset. with any luck we can just get a FLNG plant built up singapore way, we could even FIFO the workers from indonesia, that way no locals would have to work on the project, the millions of kms of red dirt and beaches can remain as is and we can wish away our resources to foreign dividend streams

Just stumbled across this post and thought I'd weigh in. The gas plant will be located 60km north of Broome and will be built by a majority of FIFO workers, up to 97% to be precise so there won't be as high a demand for housing in Broome as we've seen in places like Karratha. If you do a few searches on google you will find that the local government is very much against the project and has insisted that as much of the workforce as possible be FIFO and that the camp be located well away from Broome itself so as not to affect the tourism industry of the area. They have even requested that incoming and outgoing workers wear civilian clothes so as the airport doesn't become a sea of yellow and orange shirts like the towns of Port Headland, Karratha, Moranbah etc.
I'm not saying there won't be positive financial effects on the property market there but it may be worth doing a little more research before jumping in.

I recall when JHG built Devil Creek for Apache in Karratha, it was similar with a camp located out of town, no additional housing requirements in town and once built, the manning levels required for the plant where minimal

Interestingly the site footprint was very small also and you where the pipes are laid now looks like normal bush

More interesting, Broome's Power Station runs on Gas

crazy huh? turn away oil and gas money so the backpackers don't get upset. with any luck we can just get a FLNG plant built up singapore way, we could even FIFO the workers from indonesia, that way no locals would have to work on the project, the millions of kms of red dirt and beaches can remain as is and we can wish away our resources to foreign dividend streams

lol i sense a bit of sarcasm yer floating lng would possibly be the worst thing to hit this country i believe mr bennett has recently told shell or should i say threatened them saying if the lng is not built on mainland it will not be built at all i have seen the location of where the camp is to be built if the project goes ahead and from what ive heard it is, the camp location is very close to town about 10mins i have some fairly good contacts up north has my in laws are all locals.

That's about 360km/h out to the plant (where it gets built).

Be more worried about the speeding traffic or the high speed rail. :eek:

Who is Mr Bennett?

Latest Factsheet from Woodside

Can't see Broome in the diagram. Also, thought it was right on JPP, but is is actually between the two points, on a beach. Interesting, never heard this before.

Believe it or not but I actually called that Devil Creek camp home for a short while.

I hope that was sarcasm Ausprop.

Could you pin point on a map for us where the camp is likely to be located Ris4rob? My understanding of it was that the camp was to be located out at the construction site so as that no workers could access the town, another way of protecting the tourism image of Broome.

That's my understanding too.

One side gives the impression it's being built in the centre of town and will be seen in all it's industrial, polluting horror and that's all the general population seems to hear. The other tries to say it's getting built 60km out of town on a stretch of coastline 99.99% of the population had never heard of or seen before this project was announced.

The only thing happening in town will probably be:

FIFO workers transiting through the airport (well it happens now in town with lots of people wearing flouro gear)
Larger equipment being shipped from the port to the site (again my understanding is that the larger stuff will be trucked up via GNH from Port Hedland or Perth and onto the Cape Leveque Road, not even entering town, some 10km away from the turn-off, only some stuff will come out of the port and not enter the town as it will use Port Drive and Gubinge Road).

The thing is, if another part of the coast is chosen, that no one has ever heard of or see, I'm guessing they'll be problems with that.

The majority of the larger equipment will arrive by barge from Thailand or whichever other south East Asian country wins the contract and will come ashore direct into the site on the MOF (materials offloading facility) they build there.

I spent 8 years diving for Paspaley out of Broome. It's probably the only town in northern WA that most people would actually want to live in. Not too sure if we will see the capital gains of the 1990s however given the state of the dollar on local tourism and pearling. Also, most of the hold up on new land releases have been resolved now (hence Broome north etc).

I spent 8 years diving for Paspaley out of Broome. It's probably the only town in northern WA that most people would actually want to live in. Not too sure if we will see the capital gains of the 1990s however given the state of the dollar on local tourism and pearling. Also, most of the hold up on new land releases have been resolved now (hence Broome north etc).

I think Pas have even moved most of their operation back to Darwin, the yard out at the ports up for lease also; Pearling has suffered with the GFC

I think with Broome North, the local Yaru group will get nine houses out of the current deal, then more as the area develops

Having a look around, there seems to be a number of new rentals and for sales appearing on the current market, maybe a result of Woodside (and Shell's) decision

Back