Brisbane - where to dump furniture

Anyone got ideas other than tip. I have ironing board, 2 computer chairs 2 years old, etc, all salvos etc I've tried are shut. Last resort will be tip. Is their any bulk council rubbish pick ups on south side or have they all shut down also?

I live in a cul de sac with about 12 houses, only recal 3 cars going past all day. Have tried with other stuff a few times before. My sis lives on Bapaume Rd, tempted to drop it all off there...plus rubbish pick up in 4 weeks - they don't fine you?

Last edited:
Actually theres a street near us where all the cul de sacs run off. they had a bike that looked like it was about 2 yrs old, as new condition, worth about $200-$300 new and that sat there for about 3 days.

I would go with Baupaume Road if it is part of the road where you can pull up. Or a less busy road. Drop them off in the dark. Better than dumping them. If your sister's street is having a BCC collection in four weeks that would be best of all.

Yer it's looking like the best option! Charity shops have been having signs up since early Dec saying they don't won't any more stock due to shut down over Xmas so got bags of clothes, dinner sets, etc too. She's near the Express Bus Station or whatever it's called so lots of foot traffic also.

Anyone got ideas other than tip. I have ironing board, 2 computer chairs 2 years old, etc, all salvos etc I've tried are shut. Last resort will be tip. Is their any bulk council rubbish pick ups on south side or have they all shut down also?

By the end of NYE that would make an excellent ironing board gokart for any drunk 20 something :)

It doesn't seem like a lot of stuff, can't you hold onto for a couple of weeks or so?

Put an ad on Gumtree too..just state it is on the footpath in from of your house, and come get it...when it is gone, you will remove the ad.

If you put it on Gumtree under the "free" category you will be inundated with replies. But you still need to be home or (great idea Katherine) put in the advert that it is on the footpath, but honestly, you will still be inundated with "is it still there?" emails or texts.

I would not want to be home when someone who has travelled to get the free stuff finds it gone and decides to give you some lip.

I'd go with giving it to your sister for four weeks and ask her to put it on the footpath for the "legal" BCC hard rubbish pickup, or find a reasonable busy or through street and put it there in the dark. It won't last lone. We do it regularly outside our house (quiet street, but local traffic goes through) and nothing lasts more than a day.

If you put it on Gumtree under the "free" category you will be inundated with replies. But you still need to be home or (great idea Katherine) put in the advert that it is on the footpath, but honestly, you will still be inundated with "is it still there?" emails or texts.

I would not want to be home when someone who has travelled to get the free stuff finds it gone and decides to give you some lip.

I'd go with giving it to your sister for four weeks and ask her to put it on the footpath for the "legal" BCC hard rubbish pickup, or find a reasonable busy or through street and put it there in the dark. It won't last lone. We do it regularly outside our house (quiet street, but local traffic goes through) and nothing lasts more than a day.

True..you can either ignore the texts/emails, or use an email account you never check...or state you will not repond to them.
..Or like wylie said, ask your sister.

It might also go faster if you put a price on it, and have someone steal it :)

There's a few other things I'm trying to get about 1/3 of the price for like single bed with matress (my mum bought it for my first born and i was giving it to her but she told me a couple of days ago she changed her mind about taking it) A filing cabinet I could've sold a week ago several times but was holding it for someone for a few days, up until 27th, then EVERYONE stopped buying and responding. $400 worth of one year old school clothes that I may sell from my mums house. Will be heading off to NSW, then WA in about a week. Most of it is already on Gumtree, the cheaper stuff has been on for $10 each for a week to a month, will change to free, see if makes a diff.

Can we give you a send-off party tonight?

All the very best on your journey, Invstor

If only I wasn't so busy cleaning and packing, I'd rather be relaxing! It really didn't help that my silly guinea pigs wedged themselves under the shed's concrete footings yesterday and we had to dig holes and dismantle the fence to get them out. It would have been great to catch up with you again. Thanks Angel! :) Good luck on your investing journey, you seem to be on the right track!!

Back