Logan LGA Vs NSW 2770

Hi there,

i am comparing propoerties in both above area.

I know 2770 area well and Logan LGA too and have seen both area been improved a lot since 2003 (infrastructure and price)

I saw lot of stock in Kingston are around $200-$250k with $300 weekly rent
Same goes for 2770.

Difference:

2770: No close by train station (Mr Druitt station could come handy for whalan etc)
Kingston: Walking distance to station

2770: Properties around early to mid 200K require lot of reno (in excess of $15 to $20k)
Kingston: some renovated properties can be picked up around early $200k

Kingston/Logan LGA: Significant improvement in area i.e better roads, Ikea, and some major shopping centers.

I think CG for both area have been similar for last 10 years.

so what do you guys think of both area?

I am leaning towards kingston, but not sure what streets are good and which one should be avoided?

there r some good deals in the logan area in general, i have a couple there

I would be weary of kingston as there r some certain streets i wouldnt be purchasing in, esp if u dont know the area

There is plenty of opportunity in logan with the same if not better yields than what u have described, which are not situated in kingston and may attract a better quality of tenant

rent guru in beenleigh are excellent property managers if u end up purchasing there, they will help u find a suitable tenant for these areas

I am leaning towards kingston, but not sure what streets are good and which one should be avoided?
The only way would be to jump on the blue highway fly up hire a car then walk around yourself and get the feel for the area,i don't think it would be possible to see the real Logan because of the complexity of the area,or do a search within this site,because a lot of investors in the site bought into Logan early 2000's when they were in the low 150k's..

there r some good deals in the logan area in general, i have a couple there

I would be weary of kingston as there r some certain streets i wouldnt be purchasing in, esp if u dont know the area

There is plenty of opportunity in logan with the same if not better yields than what u have described, which are not situated in kingston and may attract a better quality of tenant

rent guru in beenleigh are excellent property managers if u end up purchasing there, they will help u find a suitable tenant for these areas

Good and informative post.

Can i ask when you say logan area, are you referring to Logan, logan central, woodridge etc?

During your DD, which street did you find were better?

The only way would be to jump on the blue highway fly up hire a car then walk around yourself and get the feel for the area,i don't think it would be possible to see the real Logan because of the complexity of the area,or do a search within this site,because a lot of investors in the site bought into Logan early 2000's when they were in the low 150k's..

That;s what i am exactly planning to do, however, i thought if i ask around which streets are better, i can only focus around those area during my trip.

Also, Do you guys know the difference between R250 and R600 zone?

Other thing to keep in mind is that rates in Logan LGA is significantly higher than in NSW which would affect the net yield, we're talking in the vicinity of $2400 a year even for a townhouse/unit.

Other thing to keep in mind is that rates in Logan LGA is significantly higher than in NSW which would affect the net yield, we're talking in the vicinity of $2400 a year even for a townhouse/unit.

Very good point!

if it is that much for unit/townhouse, i guess it would be bit more for HOUSE!

That;s what i am exactly planning to do, however, i thought if i ask around which streets are better, i can only focus around those area during my trip.

Also, Do you guys know the difference between R250 and R600 zone?

The zones refer to the amount of land required per dwelling.

e.g. R250 - means you should be able to build a dwelling on just 250 SQM. I beleive this is more for townhouses / units, not subdivision but best to check with a town planner.

I believe logan is also undergoing a change to their City plan.

Back