precautions before moving to the country

I guess i have 2 areas of questions
1)Please can i have suggestions re precautions to take re employment security or other living needs when moving to the country with my partner and baby. I dont yet know the job possibilities there so its not a certainty that i will move, its just something we are exploring because of family support and cheaper purchases of houses.

2)The truth is i dont even know if i will end up staying with this partner, if we can live together while caring for a baby as we havent really lived together for long. what precautions can i take if i do buy any property while being in an uncertain relationship.

Thank you.

Last edited:
You are asking a question about one of life's unknowns.

Only you have the control of the outcome - relationships require LOTS of work, and moving to a new location (we lived in the USA for 3 years) is a very tough test.

But, if you work together as a team you will prevail.

Maybe just rent together for a while until you are settled.

Good luck

Difficult questions probably more suited to mytwittface.com

As BayView has indicated, rent. Do not buy with such uncertainty in your relationship and vocational life.

Your biggest issue is not precautions for country employment and employment security or your answer a cheap house in the country.

The questions you should be asking YOURSELF is what will you do about the unstable relationship you're in.

Forget the other stuff :confused:.

precautions before moving to the country

Buy a really big pair of Wellingtons....you know those ones that come half way up your thigh, like those bald Scottish old men wear when fly fishing.

I've seen some of those cow pats, seriously.

Buy a really big pair of Wellingtons....you know those ones that come half way up your thigh, like those bald Scottish old men wear when fly fishing.

I've seen some of those cow pats, seriously.

lol - like that Vicar of Dibley episode?

156192.jpg

1)Please can i have suggestions re precautions to take re employment security or other living needs when moving to the country with my partner and baby. I dont yet know the job possibilities there so its not a certainty that i will move, its just something we are exploring because of family support and cheaper purchases of houses.

2)The truth is i dont even know if i will end up staying with this partner, if we can live together while caring for a baby as we havent really lived together for long. what precautions can i take if i do buy any property while being in an uncertain relationship.

Thank you.

Number 1 precaution if you don't know if you will end up staying with this partner is condoms. I'm serious! You do not want to end up with 2 kids if you aren't going to stay together.

Number 2: be prepared to lose half or more of the house if you buy one and seperate. So renting would be your answer especially if you don't know if you'll be able to survive financially there.

Number 3: how will it affect your career. How far away would the move be, could you work in the city during the week and come home for weekends if you need to.

First,is the baby yours?

If it is then you have a responsibility to support it and provide for it so I would move to the country,get a job rent for a while,save your penny's and when a house comes up and everything is right,nature will surprise you.

If you are a good supporting,well providing man everything will turn out,if you don't work,drink to much ,well we know that outcome also.

Thank you.

I would say if you're already uncertain about whether you're relationship will survive then it probably won't, especially if you're moving for the wrong reasons. You've got a baby on the way and are already trying to protect any assets you accumulate! YOU are going to have possible job problems, YOU are going to have financial commitments, YOU are moving for the wrong reasons. I would guess that a bit further down the track YOU will resent all this and you will end the relationship and move back or to where you want to be.

As already suggested - no more babies for you with this partner so get protection. Can you stay in your current situation for longer to help you work things out before making such a big decision? I presume the family support is her side of the family? If things go pear shaped further down the track wouldn't it be better for just her and the baby to move and you stay put with your job so you can give financial support at least?

On a practical note - if fast/good internet connection is important to you - check that out. I'm thinking of moving to Wollongong next year and apparently the internet down there is shocking, (although the NBN is starting to come in in some areas), and you would hardly call Wollongong the country!

Number 1 precaution if you don't know if you will end up staying with this partner is condoms. I'm serious! You do not want to end up with 2 kids if you aren't going to stay together.

Number 2: be prepared to lose half or more of the house if you buy one and seperate. So renting would be your answer especially if you don't know if you'll be able to survive financially there.

Number 3: how will it affect your career. How far away would the move be, could you work in the city during the week and come home for weekends if you need to.

What happens if you move into a relationship already owning a house and having 2 mil in cash, super and shares. Lets say you live together for two years and then separate. Does the law say that you have to split half? What sort of asset protection is effective in these circumstances?

What happens if you move into a relationship already owning a house and having 2 mil in cash, super and shares. Lets say you live together for two years and then separate. Does the law say that you have to split half? What sort of asset protection is effective in these circumstances?
All it takes is a few words on a bit of paper prior too she or he walking in the front door to reveal a distance between the past and present,or marry someone who has the same in equity..

All it takes is a few words on a bit of paper prior too she or he walking in the front door to reveal a distance between the past and present,or marry someone who has the same in equity..

I have heard of pre-nups but never agreements just for living together.

If you are marrying or entering relationship in life, it will be hard if not impossible to marry someone of the same in equity.

If you are marrying or entering relationship in life, it will be hard if not impossible to marry someone of the same in equity.
Just do what i did when i met a Hong Kong Lady 25 years ago,i married up she married down,if the Ladies can do it i'm sure a former blue collar wage slave like myself can:)...

Back