Haven't been around for a while. After feedback...

Hi guys,

Its been a while since I've been in here. My last account has been disabled, so I started a new one. I used to be known as MCS_80. Now I'm just plain old MickStephens.

Wanted to jump in here to ask all you lovely people to give some feedback about a Facebook page idea I have to help me reach more people with selling cars.

Yep, I help people buy cars. (Used car salesman)

Please check out the following link and let me know your first impressions. This is something that is highly unusual and not being done by many car salesman in this country. What do you think?

www.facebook.com/michaelhelpedme

Cheers, Mick

Please note. You do not have to like the page to view all content.

Id like genuine feedback from you. If you think its a silly idea, say so, if you think it is good, say so :eek:)

Cheers, Mick

how is it helping you sell more cars?
not quite sure i understand what the fb page is about? do you list cars for sale on fb?

how is it helping you sell more cars?
not quite sure i understand what the fb page is about? do you list cars for sale on fb?

Im guessing it will help in the long run. Not designed to sell cars short term.

In sales, every book and course I've done tells you that you don't sell your product, you sell YOU.

Im just trying to stay in front of potential customers as much as I can. Also, I will be allowing customers to post their own ideas and thank you notes on it once its a little bigger.

I guess at the moment its more of an enjoyable hobby also. I enjoy sharing ideas and helping. Not a lot of salesmen in the car industry like this kind of thing, its usually about the quick kill.

So far, everything I've followed and done that I've been advised to do in books etc has worked. Just using social media to get my name out there as much as I can.

Thanks for the feedback. Any tips on what you would like to see upgraded or included?

Cheers, Mick

Also, when you "like" the page, you receive updates when I post on the page.

The idea will be that previous customers like the page, then when I post ideas, photos etc, this reminds them who helped them buy their car, and if they have a friend or family member in need of help, they will refer me. :D

Thanks the plan anyway :D

Cheers, Mick

Also, when you "like" the page, you receive updates when I post on the page.

The idea will be that previous customers like the page, then when I post ideas, photos etc, this reminds them who helped them buy their car, and if they have a friend or family member in need of help, they will refer me. :D

Thanks the plan anyway :D

Cheers, Mick

i think it is a good idea, builts loyalty and long term relationships and increases chances of referrals.

Gets your name out to their friends by tagging them in the photo's with their cars.

I agree keep it non salesy

later on u can introduce competitions for related services etc and so many other things

as u said u can differentiate yourself from the competitors and build clients for life rather than one off transactions

good stuff

i remember when you took the job and admire your hard work, wiliness to learn and passion.

good luck and as u r making your own i am sure you will be successful

Thanks Bigtone :D

Im currently doing a few things none of the other sales guys do. I get some sideways looks, but the owner and direct managers like that I keep myself busy while there are no customers walking through the door.

Mail outs are my new thing. Send out a hand written thank you letter to every customer who purchased from me the month prior. Include some fridge magnets, some business cards, a boiled lolly and a key ring. Might help keep me in their minds when they hear of a friend who is looking for a car :)

Heres hoping.

Cheers, Mick

How about a photo of Mick Stephens on your sites?? :p

Also, I went to your website and noticed the mobile number is listed twice but with one digit difference. Is this 2 mobile numbers or a typo glitch?

Help Me" to 0468 854 615

Call : 0468 954 615

How about a photo of Mick Stephens on your sites?? :p

Also, I went to your website and noticed the mobile number is listed twice but with one digit difference. Is this 2 mobile numbers or a typo glitch?

Help Me" to 0468 854 615

Call : 0468 954 615

I will be having some professional head shots done soon :D

Yep, thats a typo. Thanks for spotting it Olly.

Overall, what do you think of the idea?

Cheers, Mick

I will be having some professional head shots done soon :D

Yep, thats a typo. Thanks for spotting it Olly.

Overall, what do you think of the idea?

Cheers, Mick

I did forget to say I think it's a great idea and kudos for thinking outside the square, especially for a car salesman! :p You could probably consider a marketing job if you ever get fed up with selling cars.

I think most people would consider car buying a one off (irregular) thing where you shop around for what you want regardless of where or who is selling it, whereas you're trying to build relationships and repeat business and doing it in a friendly, helpful manner. Well done!

I'm actually considering a new (used) car but not in the price range you deal in. Maybe I could pick your brains on what makes/models are considered (generally) reliable and good value??? I've been looking in my price range on www.carsales.com.au but I wouldn't know one car from another. How do you help people buy out of your state?

I did forget to say I think it's a great idea and kudos for thinking outside the square, especially for a car salesman! :p You could probably consider a marketing job if you ever get fed up with selling cars.

I think most people would consider car buying a one off (irregular) thing where you shop around for what you want regardless of where or who is selling it, whereas you're trying to build relationships and repeat business and doing it in a friendly, helpful manner. Well done!

I'm actually considering a new (used) car but not in the price range you deal in. Maybe I could pick your brains on what makes/models are considered (generally) reliable and good value??? I've been looking in my price range on www.carsales.com.au but I wouldn't know one car from another. How do you help people buy out of your state?

Thanks for the feedback Olly.

Yeh, carsales.com.au is a great resource for all budgets and you will surely find the right car there.

In regards to helping people buy interstate, the dealer I work with have been in business almost 40 years and take great pride in our stock. Our website has our current stock list and people can pick their car from the website and have it either shipped up on a truck (at their cost), or they take a road trip down here to pick it up and drive it home.

We describe the vehicle's very well and can I also make a video of the car people are keen on to show every detail possible before putting down a deposit.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. In regards to whats reliable etc, it really depends on age. Anything over 5 years old is buyer beware really. Go with a dealer, at least you get a statutory warranty for the first 5,000km or 3 months. Don't forget though, this only applies to cars under 10 years old and with under 160,000km.

Cheers, Mick

Back