Red, Blue, Green or..........?

Who will you vote for in the 2013 Federal election?

• Liberal

Votes: 49 73.1%
  • Labor

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Greens

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Enough of this back and forth silliness with the debates always seeming to be overtaken by who can shout the loudest longest.

Now conducting my own credible poll. ;)

So, Liberal/National, Labor, Greens or other?

Last edited:
if the poll shows Liberals will win, it's a flawed poll.

if the poll shows Labor will win, it's a flawed poll.

if the poll shows the Greens will win, the poll wasn't a broad-enough demographic.

Labor hammered in the NT over the weekend.

The change was mostly in the bush. e.g. in the electorate of Stuart which covers an area greater than Victoria and Tasmania combined and spans the Tanami desert, Bess Price (1096) for the CLP unseated her nephew ALP's Karl Hampton (950) with Maurie Japarta Ryan (426) of the First Nations Political Party bringing up the rear.
They say local issues were a big factor with the indigenous population wanting less talk and more action in their communities.

Price was born at Yuendumu and speaks Warlpiri and several other aboriginal languages. After growing up in Central Australia, Bess obtained a Bachelor of Applied Science in Aboriginal Community Management and Development from Curtin University. Price has worked for a range of councils and Government groups in the areas of Indigenous education and training, public administration, the media, community development, interpreting, translating and language teaching. Price has sat on several management committees and boards of directors and has been the chairperson of the Indigenous Affairs Advisory Council NT and the deputy chair of Imparja Television. Price also manages her own small consultancy business, which offers cross cultural awareness training, community liaison, social research and Warlpiri language services.

Karl Hampton aged 44, is of mixed heritage with strong family connections around Central Australia and was raised in the Gap area of Alice Springs. His grandparents Tim and Sarah Hampton were the first indigenous missionaries in the Northern Territory, helping establish the Church of England Emerald River Mission on Groote Eylandt in 1929. Hampton attended school in Alice Springs and began his working life with the Tangentyere Council.

Up in Qld there was a poll done in March which showed the LNP had 78 out of 93 support.....

I guess the banana bender's will get another accurate look in 2016 if that has changed at all.

I think the better poll would be who voted Labor last time and voting Lib, Who voted Livb and Voting Labor, Greens voting Lob, Lib voting Green, etc...

Hi Pete,

Anecdotally, what I'm seeing is no "leakage" from the Lib vote, and about 4% of the people who voted Labor are prepared to change to Libs. That's just in our local area.

That 4% not voting for Labor this time around, are causing an 8% swing to the Libs. They are not liking what they see with the loopy Greens.

The Green voters are just as rabid as ever. They all hate both big parties and will never vote (as # 1) on the ticket for any of the big parties....but are stuffed, as our system of voting forces them - if they are to have a valid vote - to choose between the major parties regardless. As such, all of their histrionics counts for nought.

That 8% swing, if common throughout Australia, would see the Labor Party decimated, losing about 15 seats.

I'm not enrolled to vote and that's not likely to change before the next election, but if it does I would vote Liberal Democratic Party: http://www.ldp.org.au/policies

Whilst some of their policies appear to be quite reasonable, in most of their statements, they're extremely ignorant or short sighted...

I started to write a response to each policy, but almost every one has enough holes to drive a bus through and it had the risk of becoming a manifesto running for pages. In summary however, if you take the LDPs policies to their logical concolusion, we'd end up with a mess in almost every policy area.

Combine their smoking policy and their school voucher policy...
http://www.theage.com.au/world/losi...-tobacco-sponsors-schools-20120825-24tnv.html

Many of their other policies would further polarise wealth distribution in Australia leading to a ruling class and an under class.

Victimless crimes don't exit. The victim of riding a motorcycle without a helmet is the disabled ex-rider's family, who pay for the rider's stupidity for the rest of their lives (especially when public funded health care has disolved). That's okay, his quality of life is gone so we can just euthenase him!

The defence and aid policies lead to peace keeping missions for Australia. Something which for the most part makes me proud of Australia's efforts in the international community.

It was actually hard for me to find a policy that I actually agreed with - athough gay marriage is fine by me, as long as it doesn't leave the definition of marriage open to polagamy or beastiality. Let's keep it between two consenting adults.

Last edited:
....and your preferences will go to one of the majors anyway...

Ouch Aaron - bit of reality right there.

The oh so uber chic who simply "detest" both major parties because it is oh so cool to be seen as not conforming, end up making the choice anyway down at # 5 and # 6 on the ballot.

At that stage, they've had their little protest vote, and usually flippantly decide between 5 and 6, not realising that that was the moment they put one of their despised choices into Govt. Sad really, but how many people do it, especially Green voters.

Last edited:
....and your preferences will go to one of the majors anyway...
... which is why it's unlikely I'll enrol.

The oh so uber chic who simply "detest" both major parties because it is oh so cool to be seen as not conforming
It's not about conforming or not conforming or detesting a particular party/ies.

I just don't think government should be as heavily involved in all aspects of our lives as they are.

Geez there are some narrow minded people on this forum. "If you're not choosing X or X, you must be choosing something fringe to look cool" What a ****.

Back