Pricefinder vs RP Data

Who do you use? What are the pros and cons of each?

Comparative cost? (for annual subscription by individual or small company?)
I have sqizzed both websites but not found the price info obvious.

Thinking about a subscription but obviously I need to be able to afford it and want to use the best.

Completely depends on which areas you want the data for. I like RP for Sydney/NSW but find Pricefinder better for Queensland.

VIC doesn't have ownership data by law so not as good regardless of which provider and SA and WA have their own dominant providers.

The RP pro iphone app though is great, although again you need to have a regular subscription.

Personally I dont feel any represent amazing value for money for the individual investor but as a group/company with minimal shared logins then definitely worth it.

A tip to keep the cost down for RP however is to subscribe to the absolute minimum package for the area you predominantly use and get them to throw in some free OOA (out of area) searches.

thanks prop and mm.

I currently have a short pricefinder subscription and finding it very good most of time. Issues with some towns brining up no data tho. Doesn't seem to want to play in SA either :(

i am having some issues with RP data on the commbank app. it was giving the proper details then my broker sent me a report on my current PPOR and it had changed the details. so i had a look on the app and my house is a 5 x 2 and RP data had changed it to 4 x 1.
i have rang them and had it updated so it is showing 5 x 2 but the valuation is coming in at 350k - 439k which is the same valuation for 2 or 3 neighboring houses which are listed as 3 x 1 on less land.

Any thoughts on this.

without a shadow of doubt its not much help to anybody, but one has to ask how many valuers, buyers and real estate agents use and rely on these vals. to me rp data values the suburb and not the property of the land size

i am having some issues with RP data on the commbank app. it was giving the proper details then my broker sent me a report on my current PPOR and it had changed the details. so i had a look on the app and my house is a 5 x 2 and RP data had changed it to 4 x 1.
i have rang them and had it updated so it is showing 5 x 2 but the valuation is coming in at 350k - 439k which is the same valuation for 2 or 3 neighboring houses which are listed as 3 x 1 on less land.

Any thoughts on this.

The commbank app is notoriously terrible IMO. The RP pro app wil give an Auto Low Val, Auto High Val and more importantly an auto estimate val. If you have access to the full site it will also give you an SFD (Standard forecast deviation) which will give you a gauge on how accurate the auto val actually is. I'd strongly reccommend using as a guide only.

without a shadow of doubt its not much help to anybody, but one has to ask how many valuers, buyers and real estate agents use and rely on these vals. to me rp data values the suburb and not the property of the land size

LOTS...and you can add the banks, government and RBA to that too.

Again though it would only be used as an estimate and a real valuer would be highly recommended.

Back