Property Magazine Subscriptions

Which property magazine/s do you subscribe to?

• Australian Property Investor

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Your Investment Property

Votes: 55 45.1%
  • Smart Property Investment

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Your Money

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Your Mortgage

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Smart Investor

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Others ...

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wanted to run a poll on which magazines most people on the forum subscribe to. The monthly magazines are not that pricey, but I am on the time poor side and would prefer a good all around property magazine giving as much unbiased insight to the property market.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Not sure if this is not the done thing, but maybe if you want to try a few out hire from your local library if they are available, get to see which you like the best and no cost. just a thought.

your money - i only got it for doing a financial healh check at a bank a few months ago, really just did it for the free magazine subscription

I put other because I subscribe to "Australian House and Garden" ... which is a house/reno/design mag, but not really investing ... and there was no "none" option.

I find SS and my own gut instincts much more useful nowadays - I ended up getting frustrated at the "half stories" being published of super achievers - but the stories were missing vital information like "how they did it on their income", "what their debt is" etc.

I put other because I subscribe to "Australian House and Garden" ... which is a house/reno/design mag, but not really investing ... and there was no "none" option.

I find SS and my own gut instincts much more useful nowadays - I ended up getting frustrated at the "half stories" being published of super achievers - but the stories were missing vital information like "how they did it on their income", "what their debt is" etc.

Hear, hear - those stories, while generally motivational, leave out too many of the nuts and bolts that tell how it REALLY happened...

Hi,

I subscribe to both Australian Property Investor and Smart Investor; the former for my property specific news and the latter for general info.

Regards,

Daniel

I still buy API if I am somewhere that sells it. Enjoy reading through it. Occasional purchase on one of the others if something of interest catches my eye.

You will need to make time to read it. :)

Thanks Rixter, definitely agree. One must make good use of time... and am glad Lizzie mentioned how much rubbish there can be in some of the magazines, making broad statements and not much detail nor help in educating the reader on investments.

:)

I have been getting the API mag for over 10 years (lots of boxes) recently I asked the Editor if they would put together a catalogue - it takes me ages to go back and find an article I like. Anyhow I think in the last year YIP has really added great heavy weight content and since SPI changed their name and focus I really like their stories too.

However it is hard and expensive in keeping up with them all so I created a brief monthly blog briefly covering the articles so you only need to get what is relevant to you and even hit the library to check them out.

http://yourpropertysuccess.com.au/your-property-success-toolbox/

Hope you find it of value.
Jane

I recently bought the iPad version of YIP magazine. Since I only get the mag for the data in the back, the ability to sort the numbers in the soft copy is a real plus.

I had a subscription with YIP magazine for a while but I never got around to reading them and they kept piling up on the desk.

I prefer to browse the forums for up to date info.

Cheers

Jamie

I had a subscription with YIP magazine for a while but I never got around to reading them and they kept piling up on the desk.

I prefer to browse the forums for up to date info.

Cheers

Jamie
Same here, too many to read carefully so they just pile up. When you filter out the advertorials there isn't a lot of content often, the real life investor stories always tend to be interesting.

Best of the bunch?

Between API and YIP I would always choose YIP. I mean some of the companies API promote in their ads WOW! :eek:- obviously they are willing to take money from anyone and don't care if their readers get scammed by them. That makes me seriously doubt their editorial quality as well. I wouldn't touch that new one SPI is it? with a 10 foot poll it is all cash for comment from what I can see - no value at all.

I agree with what a lot of people are saying. API achiever stories sound like bull to me, they miss out some much. I prefer YIP these days, because there's more nuts and bolts details in there.

Which mag?

I used to read both api and yip but have dropped api over the last year. Api used to be good but the yip data is better and the articles are more in depth. I also don't like the fact that api seems to have loads of spruiker ads and some writers that have definitely their own agenda to plug. Not saying its rubbish like I think that smart (ha!) property mag, just that yip is better enough for me not to bother with api - but that's my own individual taste:)

Back