Elizabeth Downs -Hot lead for low cost Mortgagee Sale

No way TMNT
They have asbestos roofs which would be expensive to remove or change.
The yield isnt that great. Can get that on regular buys there for which you can get regular finance.
Previous owner paid 780k in 2005
It'd make a great development site, but if thats what ya wanted it for it needs to be priced as land value, which it isnt.
Or if you wanted it as a cash cow, that'd attract the worst tenants. It's already fairly bad tenants that go to Elizabeth, these would contain the ones that couldnt get a $190 semi so have to settle for a $120 unit, which does not stress free make.

with all the current news about contaminated land in sa and alleged govt cover ups or slow to inform. think I would be very careful about purchasing near old factories. god knows what is around holdens site?

just a thought. google Clovelly park for info re current problem.

No way TMNT
They have asbestos roofs which would be expensive to remove or change.
The yield isnt that great. Can get that on regular buys there for which you can get regular finance.
Previous owner paid 780k in 2005
It'd make a great development site, but if thats what ya wanted it for it needs to be priced as land value, which it isnt.
Or if you wanted it as a cash cow, that'd attract the worst tenants. It's already fairly bad tenants that go to Elizabeth, these would contain the ones that couldnt get a $190 semi so have to settle for a $120 unit, which does not stress free make.

Agreed

Effectively you would be providing shelter for 30 centrelink dependant tennants. You would get more than your fair share of bad eggs and those who are just out to make the landlords life hell.

Ahh good old Somerset! I knew I could rely on you ;)

My views were similar except for the asbestos roof aspect

Managing 11 tenants who pay weekly is almost an entire job in itself

Ahh good old Somerset! I knew I could rely on you ;)

My views were similar except for the asbestos roof aspect

Managing 11 tenants who pay weekly is almost an entire job in itself

Bed sits of that quality would almost exclusively be used by needle junkies and the like, you'd need an onsite manager/direct control over it.

Yield isn't there and it's *well* above land value, I wouldn't offer 50% of what they are asking.

Bed sits of that quality would almost exclusively be used by needle junkies and the like, you'd need an onsite manager/direct control over it.

Yield isn't there and it's *well* above land value, I wouldn't offer 50% of what they are asking.

Hell no

The fact they have 130k income means they want to becompensated for it

If I really wanted a site like that, I'd simply buy vacant land for half the price

Back