Bath or No Bath Poll

Bath or No Bath Poll ?

• Yes - Every Unit / House should have one !

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • No - They are old news and never get used !

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters
I've voted NO:)

Never used. We've just bought a house and I plan to take it out. Bl00dy waste of space (and resources if guests decide to use it)

PS: I have kids too!

depends who your targeting
i voted no as
Every Unit / House should have one !
not every house/ unit needs one
maybe you dont want to target families where the kids could draw on the walls or something..?

Your poll is too restrictive.

A bit like a poll for 5L V8:
* a requirement in every car
* no way, never, a gas guzzler!

Well, if I have to tow a horse float every weekend, then a 5L V8 could be just the thing, but if I only drive down to <insert trendy street here> every Saturday morning for a coffee, then it's a waste.

Knowing your market/requirements will answer the question.

i think we should have a poll about whether there should be anymore bath/shower polls... is this #3 now? :D
Surely the information gathered cant be that dfferent from the polls that have been done in the past few weeks?

Oh yes, you need a bath.

Not just for bathing but also washing the curtains once every 5 years etc.

And when the dr tells you to sit in a bath with baking soda to help a painful skin rash.

And when your muscles are so sore you can barely walk after a marathon so you just want to soak.

Or your pet is heat stressed and it's the coolest place to put them while their temperature comes down slowly (important!).

And so on...

It's more about the space, I hate shower over bath it's a crappy look and I wanted to try and fit in a laundry if possible or some storage space, if I leave out a bath that never gets used then it might work..

Anyway... Food for thought !

we have a shower over bath, in just 1 year i had forgotten how much i dislike them, it will be a consideration when renting again that we don't want this and am happy to sacrifice a bath.

However all our IPs have baths but they are all 3 bedrooms and non have shower over bath. I have once put a shower over a bath in a PPOR and did regrett it. I insisted in moving some extra walls to make space for a seperate shower in my mums palce while we were renovating to split, so far everyone who has walked in has been VERY impressed with them being seperate.

A bath for the sake of a bath is 1500x750 and speaking to parents is a must have for kids so we always figure out a way of making it work.

Unless you have a no child policy in place a bath is a requirement IMHO
Toddlers might not be good at having showers.

No bath here.

Ripped the bath/shower out when I re-done our small bathroom and replace it with just a glass panel as the wall to section off a shower area in a fully tiled to the roof bathroom without a door or hob. Works great and done miss the bath. As a larger bloke its much safer that than standing in a bath for a shower.

My three grand kids have no issue using the shower as they have been coming since they were born. Until they walked they were washed in the large laundry tub for easy but nowadays its just turn the water on, lower the shower head on the rail, anti-slip mat on the floor, obligatory selection of toys and away they go and they have never had an issue.

Definitely YES, I have just sold fully renovated property, and during the open house I had at least 10 complaints for not having a bath in a 4 bed house, so from now this is MUST in every property I renovate.

To be honest I have a 16jet twin spa bath with music, light show and other features and I only used it twice in last the 4 years, so this tells you how much I hate baths, but when you selling it then obviously its must have thing.

Don’t make a mistake like I did.

ok first hand experience of last night
id been painting doors and the front step for the whole day in alot of pain so thought ill jump in the bath
it became apparent to me why i do not have them
first i waited about 15 mins for the bath to fill up! (dont know if the town supply has low pressure or its my pipes) my parents run off rain water so they have a pump so pressure is really good
then i finally hop in only to find im too tall (6 foot 2" (188cm) for the bath my knees and shoulders are sitting out of the water and the bath is about 1600mm long
when hopping out i stand up in the bath and feet are squashed from the bath i cant stand sideways and standing along it its even uncomfortable
i then knock my elbow on the wall when turning around...

i really dont see how someone could use a shower over bath...

Back