• Cup size A-B

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Cup size C-D

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Cup size DD-E

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • Cup size F+

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • I purchase from Large chain stores (Myer, K-Mart etc.)

Votes: 40 50.0%
  • I Purchase from Medium chain stores (Bras 'N' Things etc.)

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I purchase from Small boutique stores

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • I purchase Online

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Average price $0-$25

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • Average price $26-$50

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • Average price $51-$100

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Average price $101+

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, it may seem like a strange request.

No I haven't turned into a dirty old man overnight, but it is a serious question.

Basically I've started looking at a new business idea and wanted some feedback. I'd like to know what cup size Somersoft women are, the price you pay for bras and where you usually purchase your bras from.

Plus, it's a poll, that way you don't have to tell all the dirty old men what size you are :p

Thank you for helping me out in advance :)

For those who saw this thread previously, I've fixed up my mistake and would appreciate if you could please vote again :eek:

I won't buy from boutique stores cause I went into one once that is very well regarded where I live and the snooty sales woman looked me up and down and snidely said "We don't have anything that would fit you" and ushered me out of the store. Nice eh?

I also won't buy online as I find there's such a variance in sizes. In some brands I'm a D, in others I'm a C, so I couldn't trust buying online unless I had already tried on the bra previously in a store.

Depends where I get them from but usually I range from a 12DD-E. So as you can probably imagine it's hard to get them at the large chain stores. I'm embarrassed to say but my mum bought me my latest set of bras. I hate retail shopping with a passion and when it comes to underwear I wear them until they are falling apart and I'm forced to buy new stuff. Just before christmas my mum took me shopping and bought me a $50 bra from bra's 'n' things and a $20 bra from target. The Target one by far is the comfiest and have since bought another couple the same and only wear the bra's and things one if I really have to.

One of my good mates is on the larger end of the scale and is a natural 10G - it's that end of the market that is really lacking and she and her sister have seriously considered opening up their own bra store to cater for that end of the market as she really struggles to find something nice (read: sexy) but comfy at the same time.

Mine usually cost between $50-100 (rarely ever find E/F cups any cheaper - I generally buy them from Myer or a little boutique lingerie shop in Civic (they actually stock larger cup sizes and if they don't have them they will order your size in for you to try, which is fabulous).

My daughter has a generous bosum :) which i tell her, she takes after her grandma...I tell her i take after her granddad.

I couldn't vote where I buy mine, as there wasn't any "second hand store".
($1.50-$3)
The only things i wont buy second hand is panties and socks.

I have the opposite problem to all the big bosom ladies. My cup is around a B, but I usually have to get a C because I am large around the chest area and the B's don't come the right size. The benefit to this is that if the cup is rigid, it gives me the appearance of a larger bust than I really have.:eek:

so - where'd lil get the genetics from? surely not barginhunter! :eek:

well, i am a 10b and still have troubling finding a bra to fit. so often i find a great line, and a year later it disappears off the shelves :mad:

"dear designers, contrary to your belief, most women do not have a pair of pointy icecream cones strapped to the front of their chests. signed sheepdog bra*"

*for those uneducated = round them up and point them forward.

wow do some actually spend over $100 regularly for a bra??? For me to spend that much it would have to feel like the silken hands of a greek god cupping my boobs!!!!:D

so - where'd lil get the genetics from? surely not barginhunter! :eek:

Yep! The women on my side of the family have small busts. On Hubby's side, well, they are a LOT more ample. Combine that ample bust with my lack of height and you have Lil. This makes finding undergarments that actually fit a real challenge.

wow do some actually spend over $100 regularly for a bra??? For me to spend that much it would have to feel like the silken hands of a greek god cupping my boobs!!!!:D

Hard to believe isn't it? I used to think the same prior to my child reaching puberty. It didn't take long before it was impossible to find anything coming close to fitting at conventional stores, thus having to seek out those very overpriced boutique stores that occasionally do stock the appropriate size.

Obviously Lil Skater is thinking of starting up a plastic surgery chop shop, advertising that 'newly installed wares' will no longer need bras to fight gravity.

...Somersoft discount?

Edit: Voted for the Missus': DD, medium chain stores - Circa $50.

One of my good mates is on the larger end of the scale and is a natural 10G - it's that end of the market that is really lacking and she and her sister have seriously considered opening up their own bra store to cater for that end of the market as she really struggles to find something nice (read: sexy) but comfy at the same time.
It used to be impossible to find that size but just recently instead of having to order from overseas for $100+ (plus postage) I've been able to buy something that sort of fits even if it looks weird for $40 at bras n things. I bought out every single bra they had in that size when I was last there (both of them - no kidding) One was in a horrible style and colour that I'd normally never touch with a bargepole and looks awful but OMG!!! $40!!!! I'll take white and black polkadots that you can see through all my clothes and make my clothes fit weird and that I fall out of every time I bend over for only $40! :eek:

Myer in Adelaide doesn't go that big and has nothing nice, but there are a LOT more boutique stores that do now, so you can actually try them on before buying. There's some really nice stuff now around the $60-100 mark that goes up to G.

Over a G cup though the best you can do is buy a G and let the straps out a few inches so it looks ridiculous and fits very poorly but at least keeps things sort of under control. Most brands stop at G unfortunately. Point blank, above that size you're pretty much stuck with something for $120 from the UK.

However, forget bras, I would absolutely KILL for cheap clothes that fit a larger bust size. And by 'fit' I mean not having to buy a 14 to fit your bust when the rest of you is an 8 so you look like you're wearing a tent. Nothing looks good on when you are well over a D except genuine wrap tops that you can only seem to find in boutique stores for $60-$200, or online in specialty big boobs shops for much the same price. I actually got my mother to make me some tops.

This issue wasn't so pronounced while I was 65kg and a 12G. Now I'm 57kg and a 10G and bra fitting people suggest I wear a 8H before going "oh, wait, we don't sell maternity bras in an 8" finding clothes and bras that look good it is getting beyond a joke. And a 10 on the smallest hook doesn't last long before the elastic goes and back you go to spend another $lots on a new bra because noone sells freakin size 8 underwear :mad:

A 'C'---buy them sometimes off Bras and Things, but mostly now small boutique-ish. Did the kmart/target thing, tried them over time, but just cannot seem to crack a nice fitting bra, not because I'm any challenge in size but the quality and comfort just wasn't happening and I can fly by the seat of pants on many things BUT my girls are going to be Comfortable!:p:)

I'm just happier with the selections (I love lace and quality and colors) in small boutique...and happy to pay whatever for my underwear, but generally there are good deals going often, so $39 for bra is about the extent. They have excellent life too, although sometimes if I am home for a while, I free-boob it, the girls get out for a run in just tshirt.

I much prefer my farmer's coarser type hands rather than silken cupping too...all inthe touch.:D

Definitely not ever going to scrimp on my undies or bra, it all balances out with my lifestyle, just my personal preference...and I just love girly, sexy underwear-always have, yet I'm not even fussed about outer clothing preferences...I just love what's next to my skin to be something I love..if that makes sense.

My sister in law the poor buggar had massive boobs, had real difficulties getting the larger bras, then they started to affect her posture, all that stuff, she had a breast reduction, said it's the best thing she has had done ever for her body and wellbeing...we've been very fortunate to have better boob genetics the girls on our side, very lucky sheilas.

A reduction is on my to-do list but I'm currently breastfeeding and probably will be for 6-8 months yet so now is not the time for it ...

The surgery would pay for itself in reduced spending on bras and ability to just buy any old tshirt in a fairly short space of time.

A reduction is on my to-do list but I'm currently breastfeeding and probably will be for 6-8 months yet so now is not the time for it ...

The surgery would pay for itself in reduced spending on bras and ability to just buy any old tshirt in a fairly short space of time.

Yeah Relfy-she got the breastfeeding over and done with--> then the reduction, (34yo)..she said it was worth every cent she saved for it, and more.

Back