RP Data vs Price Finder (or others??)

Just looking for an alternative to RP Data. Firstly because I am frustrated that RP Data doesn't return phone calls so I can find out a suitable package for what I want, and secondly surely there must be a good alternative out there and I have just had a look at Price Finders website. They do have a three day trial but want CC details now and I am not willing to take that step just let before I do some more investigating.

This is what I want to use it for.

Look up house numbers (as the business we have only gets Lot Numbers to start with) and it would be good to find out the corresponding house number easily (without ringing councils)

Search for sales history occasionally (by occasionally I mean maybe once a week).

99% of the time this will only be for QLD and probably only SEQLD.

From what I see I have to pay for a whole lot of stuff I won't need.

I would be interested to know what others use it for and what sort of packages they have been able to get for themselves.

Hi Petal,

It is expensive for a private investor whether it is pricefinder or rpdata. Hey, it's expensive enough just as a small business :cool:

Some suggestions for you:
1. Join a group login with paid access to rpdata - from time to time you'll see people advertising here for a new member to take up a login.
2. Consider using http://streetsales.com.au/v1/app?page=Home&service=page
which is the retail outlet for pricefinder. Only costs $19.95 for 3 hours access.
3. http://www.onthehouse.com.au/ is getting better and it is free.

Cheers,
Alan

Myrp.com.au - half price code for this weekend is "winter" - just listening to 2gb.
That might make it more worthwhile.

Landgate's Property Finder is a great on-line WA site

Research the property you are interested in and then select any relevant report you wish to purchase.

Residential real estate sales data and price growth statistics can be obtained from both Government and private sector sources

Government sources of sales data and price growth statistics include State Government departments. For example in

■Australian Capital Territory – All Homes
■New South Wales – NSW Property Sales Information
■Queensland - QLD Property and Unit Sales
■South Australia – Property Sales Data Products
■Tasmania – Land Information System Tasmania
■Victoria – Land.vic.gov.au
■Western Australia – Landgate

Private sector sources of sales data, price growth and othe statistics include:

■RP Data see MY RP RP data offer free suburb profiles eg Free Suburb Profile
PDS Live
Residex
Australian Property Monitors
REIA
SQM Research
Invest Smart
other sources (I'm sure the SS Team will add more ;))

The RP Data- Riskmark Index is located here

So it just goes to show that RP Data and Price Finder aren't the only games in town.

Why then are they so damm expensive???

Myrp.com.au - half price code for this weekend is "winter" - just listening to 2gb.
That might make it more worthwhile.

Bugger. Guess i missed out by a day. RP data have many packages. Would you know what that deal was pretaining to Perky?

Back