Hail Storm in PERTH

Video

Wow, the above are small compared to our area; cars around here received a bucketload of damage with hail stones the size of golf balls.

A friend driving through the Tunnel said he witnessed accidents, smahsed winsdcreens etc as everyone exited into the hail storm

i cant see the video :confused:

I'm currently at my parents house. I think i'll stick around here for a while till it calms down a bit. I hope the power doesnt go off. I'm having fun atm surfing the net.

I'm so glad I didnt go in to work today. haha. I probably would have called for a taxi to go home rather than the bus :D

Was this the graham farmer tunnel?

Yep,

On the way home (and what a slow trip that was) there were a number of cars going past without back windows

A young guy at uni said he raced out to save his car and wound up copping hail the size of golf balls and plums

000706-pn-gallery-image-storm.jpg

Insurance catastrophe declared after storm

The Insurance Council of Australia has declared Perth an "insurance catastrophe" after yesterday's devastating storms.

A special taskforce has been established to help residents with the recovery process.

This morning Premier Colin Barnett said Premier Colin Barnett said the storm had caused well over $100 million damage.

Mr Barnett urged patience from residents with insurance companies and emergency crews.

Here's a couple of photos located on one of the local sites

Attachments

• P3220024-600x400.jpg
    P3220024-600x400.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 91
Yes, we had hailstones a bit bigger than golfballs - was amazing to see! Luckily no damage, although we did have to sandbag the front of my husbands workshop, to stop it flooding. We have friends and relatives with varying degrees of home/car damage.

Most amazing was the pictures of the land slide near the city - bottom floor apartments filled to above the bench tops with mud, and furniture pushed up to the ceiling...that would be scary, especially if the storm had been later at night and people laying in their beds...:eek:

Nadia

doubt it will ever come back - the locals were so anti it and now the council has the perfect excuse to keep it closed.

are car insurance premiums expected to go bananas now that a quareter of the population are driving around in new cars?

Back