Somersoft Property Investment Forums  

Go Back   Somersoft Property Investment Forums > Property Investment Discussions > The Buying/Selling Process

Old 08-02-2010, 08:23 PM

Selia is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Selling an unfinished house

I would like to sell an unfinished house but don't know where to start.

It started as a renovation, under Home-Owner Builder, but seven years later no progress and now want to sell the house as is.

Where do I start? What do I need? Is there hope of selling the house? Need advice.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:27 PM
on my way

batgirl is on a distinguished road
Maybe Nathan will buy it it appears he likes a challenge!
Seriously;
I have seen houses like that for sale. They would obviously appeal to a smaller marker and I expect the price would need to be adjusted accordingly.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:37 PM
www.nathanbirch.com.au

Nathan has much to be proud ofNathan has much to be proud ofNathan has much to be proud ofNathan has much to be proud ofNathan has much to be proud ofNathan has much to be proud ofNathan has much to be proud ofNathan has much to be proud of
Where how much, what is it?

email me on my details below, so i can do my numbers.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Real Estate Buyers Agent

Location: NSW Central Coast, Sydney, Newcastle and Lower Hunter
Propertunity has a reputation beyond reputePropertunity has a reputation beyond reputePropertunity has a reputation beyond reputePropertunity has a reputation beyond reputePropertunity has a reputation beyond reputePropertunity has a reputation beyond reputePropertunity has a reputation beyond reputePropertunity has a reputation beyond reputePropertunity has a reputation beyond reputePropertunity has a reputation beyond reputePropertunity has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selia View Post

It started as a renovation, under Home-Owner Builder, but seven years later no progress and now want to sell the house as is.

Where do I start? What do I need? Is there hope of selling the house? Need advice.
They can be sold, and Nathan maybe your ticket out??

The issues mostly lie with lenders only being prepared to do low LVR loans on them - i.e. like 60% LVR especially if the kitchens & bathrooms are non-functioning / not there. So it appeals to cash buyers who want a bargain.

Also they are taking on a fair bit of risk so the price needs to reflect that.

Another option may be to just pay a builder to complete the house.
Real Estate Buyers Agents
Old 09-02-2010, 09:00 AM

willair is a splendid one to beholdwillair is a splendid one to beholdwillair is a splendid one to beholdwillair is a splendid one to beholdwillair is a splendid one to beholdwillair is a splendid one to beholdwillair is a splendid one to beholdwillair is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selia View Post

It only comes down to 3 items-Price-Size-Location,i don't think you would have a problem,but that depends on if the house is rentable..willair..
Old 09-02-2010, 11:33 AM

Gools has a spectacular aura aboutGools has a spectacular aura about
How would you normally sell the house if it was finished?
Why would you do it any differently if it is un-finished?

I would be taking it to the best value (note not cheapest) real estate agents in your area and get their opinions on what it will sell for. Any decent agent will still get you a pretty good price for it.

If all you do is email Nathan the details and you accept his offer then I don't think you will be getting the highest price you can for it. You need to get the opportunity out to as many people as you can.

Gools
Old 09-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Future Middleman

ianvestor is a splendid one to beholdianvestor is a splendid one to beholdianvestor is a splendid one to beholdianvestor is a splendid one to beholdianvestor is a splendid one to beholdianvestor is a splendid one to beholdianvestor is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gools View Post
If all you do is email Nathan the details and you accept his offer then I don't think you will be getting the highest price you can for it. You need to get the opportunity out to as many people as you can.
You need to get the opportunity out to as many people as you can, IF getting the highest price you can for it is your priority.

On the other hand, selling to Nathan might be faster.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:09 PM
www.nathanbirch.com.au

Nathan has much to be proud ofNathan has much to be proud ofNathan has much to be proud ofNathan has much to be proud ofNathan has much to be proud ofNathan has much to be proud ofNathan has much to be proud ofNathan has much to be proud of
i dont always nick them, sometimes terms are important for a normal price. You have access to me email address if you want to shoot over the details for my consideration.

there are many variables which i dont know any at this point for my selection criteria.

Tags
selling, unfinished house