RHG still jacking up their margins

They have amazing nerve, they are already well over 2% higher than the ''standard'' variable rate and they have the nerve to increase their rates by well above the RBA. If they were making a loss may be more sympathetic but last i checked they are making rather large profits!! I read with amusement they are talking about starting to offer new mortgages, if anyone finds someone stupid enough to get a mortgage off these greedy *******s after their past actions i have some snake oil they may be interested in.

Smallbuyer

I bit the bullet and paid out the expensive exit fee, they are absolute sharks, maybe that's too kind.

Cheers, MTR

lend long ............borrow short, secuitise the lending, mix that with variable rates and you will always be on the short end. Its just that this is generally not made clear with that style of product at the time.

ta
rolf

I think few people suspected that they or many other lenders would put up their rates by so much more than the reserve bank. You win some you lose some though, i had a 6.5% fixed that ended last December which counteracted these RAMS sharks to some extent :)

Smallbuyer

Have you been long with them?
Consider exiting, it'll teach them a lesson.

I had 2 loans with a similar shark called AIMS
I've recently dumped 1 of their loans and I'm about to take the exit fee and dump the 2nd one.

They served a purpose when I signed up but the way they are acting these days makes me think that they don't want my business

I think Westpac own them now - if true another case of greed by Kelly & co.

Never trust the banks they are just in it for themselves and their shareholders. With the strength of the banks now, customers mean nothing to them.

I had two RHG loans that got to 11%. I paid them both out & refinanced to Westpac @ 4.99%. Gee that felt good.:D

I think Westpac own them now - if true another case of greed by Kelly & co.

Never trust the banks they are just in it for themselves and their shareholders. With the strength of the banks now, customers mean nothing to them.

Westpac bought the RAMS brand, not the loan book which is RHG.

No arguing the second point though.

You know, I can't remember. Must be that age thing catching up with me.:( All I know is that I asked my broker how much to move, he checked it out and we moved.

Could depend on exactly when you got the loan, but some of my older records suggest the DEF period was 5 years.

The original loan contracts will include the terms and conditions of the DEF.

Could depend on exactly when you got the loan, but some of my older records suggest the DEF period was 5 years.

The original loan contracts will include the terms and conditions of the DEF.

That does ring a bell actually. I think the properties were purchased in 2003, so that would make sense.

Some RHG Loans are only 3yrs with a slide from 2%. If you were "lucky" enough to get one of these the DEF may not be as bad as expected by now.

All in the Loan Contract.

Regards Jo

Back