Ownership of 'Hole in the Walls' (ATM's)

Hi Guys,

I assume this to be the best place for this thread, is it relates to other types of investments but, unfortunately not property investment.

The only link to property, is that it has been advertised in the Australian Property Invester for the last few months (maybe more). (half page advertisement)

Anyone heard of owning cash machines (ATM's). Apparently, since march this year, the Reserve Bank of Aus implemented reforms into the way in which ATM's charge users.

Full details on:

http://www.ownyourownatm.com.au

My question after reading the website, is that why does the company want to do the average joe a favour, and 'give him some money'. Why don't they do it themselves and earn all the profits??

Thought it interesting read though........who would have thaought a few years ago that one day you could own an ATM. You would tend to fell like Mr Trump walking passed an ATM in the city with all your friends, pointing to a hole in the wall across the road and saying.....'I own that'.:)

Cheers,

F

There is also an article in "Wealth Creator" magazine for the Sept/Oct month.

With the bank interchange fee being abolished it now means that non-bank deployers of atm's who previously recieved $1 per transaction are now recieving $2 per transaction.

So while the deployer still pays you 20c per transaction, he is essentially still 80c better off than before!!

Cheers

Rooster

I must say, I'm convinced that advertising in property magazines works - seems every time an issue of API or YIP hits the shelves with one of these ads in it we get a thread on the topic here. I'm genuinely impressed. Most print advertising is completely lost on me.

There is also an article in "Wealth Creator" magazine for the Sept/Oct month.

Ahh, another small publisher blurs the line between editorial and advertorial in their fight to stay alive. Huzzah.

Cheers
Greg

My aunt and uncle bought a pool shop last year in a local shopping center… it has an ATM in their window display and consequently the **** end of the machine is in their shop.

The bank pays half their shop rent!

You would tend to fell like Mr Trump walking passed an ATM in the city with all your friends, pointing to a hole in the wall across the road and saying.....'I own that'.:)

Not wanting to sound too sceptical, but good luck with them selling you a machine with a position as good as that. On the other hand, if you and your friends walk into that corner convenience store, all head to the back row next to the fridges.... ;)

Not wanting to sound too sceptical, but good luck with them selling you a machine with a position as good as that. On the other hand, if you and your friends walk into that corner convenience store, all head to the back row next to the fridges.... ;)

True, but if that convenience store is located near the right strip of pubs, then I can tell you of many a night when I've made transactions in order to fill that craving for a nasty, 2 AM, probably been on the heating rack for days, pie. :)

Cheers
Greg

Nah, they've kept that one for themselves. I'm talking about the one in the servo, on the main road, 6km out from the CBD.

Now I'm just being cynical, I'm sure they make great investments. :D

I looked at it and then the parent company "Customers Limited" I thought why buy one ATM when I could have a share in all of them. The share price has gone from $1 to $3 in the last 12 months.

I looked at it and then the parent company "Customers Limited" I thought why buy one ATM when I could have a share in all of them. The share price has gone from $1 to $3 in the last 12 months.

Exactly. It's the old Gold Mine game. If someone's getting the gold, you can bet that someone, somewhere is getting the shaft.

I must say, I'm convinced that advertising in property magazines works.

Cheers
Greg

Yep, seems to give that impression......I might run an add selling some advertising space....or better yet, maybe my ostrich eggs business or my Michael Jackson doll collection.:D

Cheers,

F

just admiring one at the shops this morning that my daughter was gleefully tapping away on... glass screen defaced and side of it looked like someone had tried to pry it open. sounds like stress

Back