Somersoft Property Investment Forums  

Go Back   Somersoft Property Investment Forums > Property Investment Discussions > Property Management

Old 17-07-2009, 02:11 PM

NedKelly is just really niceNedKelly is just really niceNedKelly is just really niceNedKelly is just really nice
I think the popular phrase "buyer beware" should be changed "seller beware".

George Bernard Shaw
Old 17-07-2009, 03:26 PM

Gools has a spectacular aura aboutGools has a spectacular aura about
How on earth was it allowed to go on for so long before proper action was taken? Wonder what the time frame was between the bounced deposit and trying to evict them?

Surely if they are squatting that long then some stronger action could have been taken to evict them. Sounds like the agent was pretty weak.
Old 17-07-2009, 05:02 PM

NedKelly is just really niceNedKelly is just really niceNedKelly is just really niceNedKelly is just really nice
It's going on all over the world now:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...using-pay.html

At least these were eventually given free accommodation courtesy of Her Majesties Prisons.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 18-07-2009, 03:10 PM

Erin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
It scares me to think that these adults still refer to themselves as children.
I agree. I couldn't believe the part where the 21 year old female said to the channel 7 reporter "there are no adults here".
Old 18-07-2009, 03:19 PM

Ausprop has a brilliant futureAusprop has a brilliant futureAusprop has a brilliant futureAusprop has a brilliant futureAusprop has a brilliant futureAusprop has a brilliant futureAusprop has a brilliant futureAusprop has a brilliant futureAusprop has a brilliant futureAusprop has a brilliant futureAusprop has a brilliant future
hilarious, I missed that line.

I pity the poor neighbours, that must be a barrel of laughs.

selling off the pontoons... next it'd be stripping the copper wiring from the ceilings. or selling truck loads of water, filled courtesy of the hose
Old 18-07-2009, 04:37 PM
Capitalist

skater has a reputation beyond reputeskater has a reputation beyond reputeskater has a reputation beyond reputeskater has a reputation beyond reputeskater has a reputation beyond reputeskater has a reputation beyond reputeskater has a reputation beyond reputeskater has a reputation beyond reputeskater has a reputation beyond reputeskater has a reputation beyond reputeskater has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausprop View Post
next it'd be stripping the copper wiring from the ceilings. or selling truck loads of water, filled courtesy of the hose
Don't laugh, but all housing dept homes that get sold off around here are sold with the exclusion of copper pipes and hot water heaters because some of the scum in the area steal them as soon as they know the house is vacant.
Old 20-07-2009, 02:31 PM

tubs is a jewel in the roughtubs is a jewel in the roughtubs is a jewel in the roughtubs is a jewel in the rough
Of course, nobody is treating them as squatters because the 'tenants' will be acting like settlement is pending.

Nobody is treating them as tenants either because it would be an admission that they had a legal right to be there at some stage.

So it falls between the cracks of the legislation. It takes some work to sort out exactly how they should be processed and that then raises more issues for the owners.
Old 20-07-2009, 03:14 PM

lura will become famous soon enough
I didn't see TT - but the way I see this thread - it's the agent and the solicitor's fault if the deposit cheque bounced - should've waited until funds have cleared and finance approved and contract unconditional. It makes it hard to get vendor trust to get access to the property pre-settlement. Pity.
Old 21-07-2009, 08:10 PM

TT had an update this evening. The son came out and attacked the reporter and smashed the cameraman's camera.

This is much more entertaining than Desperate Housewives!

George Bernard Shaw
Old 23-07-2009, 07:57 AM

There is an article on this on News.com.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...45-421,00.html

It says that the family was exploiting a property law loophole, as they did not have a tenancy agreement which was needed to get a court warrant to have them removed.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 23-07-2009, 09:14 AM

cu@thetop has a brilliant futurecu@thetop has a brilliant futurecu@thetop has a brilliant futurecu@thetop has a brilliant futurecu@thetop has a brilliant futurecu@thetop has a brilliant futurecu@thetop has a brilliant futurecu@thetop has a brilliant futurecu@thetop has a brilliant futurecu@thetop has a brilliant futurecu@thetop has a brilliant future
Pay the 5-10k for a security firm to have 3-4 people full time for a week turn up and turf everything on to the footpath, change locks and live there. What are the "tenants" going to do- sue you?.
Old 23-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Rental Liverofferer

HotRod has much to be proud ofHotRod has much to be proud ofHotRod has much to be proud ofHotRod has much to be proud ofHotRod has much to be proud ofHotRod has much to be proud ofHotRod has much to be proud ofHotRod has much to be proud ofHotRod has much to be proud of
Was thinking the same thing.

Just send in removalists with a security company and remove all of the items owned by the owner (as the owner wants them back), empty the pool (it's unsafe those things), remove all the curtains (as the owner is thnking about getting new ones) and change all the locks (as the owner can't find the keys and needs new locks).

If that doesn't work, then get the security company back in to clear the place out as the owner is thinking about painting the entire house.

Put the security guards on to make sure that the house remains empty for the occupants safety.

Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you're right. - Henry Ford
Old 23-07-2009, 04:09 PM

wylie has a reputation beyond reputewylie has a reputation beyond reputewylie has a reputation beyond reputewylie has a reputation beyond reputewylie has a reputation beyond reputewylie has a reputation beyond reputewylie has a reputation beyond reputewylie has a reputation beyond reputewylie has a reputation beyond reputewylie has a reputation beyond reputewylie has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't see the story, but think this story just in my inbox must refer to these "tenants".

Reporter was bashed. I hope the link works.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment..._entertainment