Which State do you think will have the most Growth in the next 5 years

Which state do you think will have the most growth in the next 5 yrs?

• Queensland

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • New South Wales

Votes: 58 43.6%
  • Victoria

Votes: 23 17.3%
  • Tasmania

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • South Australia

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Western Australia

Votes: 16 12.0%
  • Northern Territory

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • ACT

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nab and ANZ are headquartered in Melbourne.
Hehe, thanks mate. Even as I was writing that I was wondering about those two. I know CBA and WBC are up in Martin Pl. and NAB have a large building in George St. Ah well, maybe when Berangaroo is finished then they will all be headquatered in Sydney... ;)

That'll teach me for posting at 5pm before I rush out the door and not taking the time to Google my facts first and just running on what I think is true... :D

Cheers,
Michael

I have to say NSW (unfortunately as I'm in WA :D). Sydney in particular has had relatively flat growh compared to the other states and I believe that it will be the first to rebound strongly.

But waiting for another 8 months at least to see what will happen with the global and Oz economy...

I have to say NSW (unfortunately as I'm in WA :D). Sydney in particular has had relatively flat growh compared to the other states and I believe that it will be the first to rebound strongly.

But waiting for another 8 months at least to see what will happen with the global and Oz economy...

And there's a lot of talk now about the property market "leading" the economy out of this downturn. I like that talk... ;) Makes sense. If we agree that resi property is massively under-supplied then there's a good case for stimulating resi construction as it provides a huge whack of job protection as well as putting a floor under house prices which is a primary store of wealth for Australians. Protect their wealth and you stimulate their consumption. So you get positive flow on effects. Would do the following:

1. Create or protect a heap of property industry jobs beyond construction and thereby support GDP growth pulling us out of recession.
2. Ease the rental squeeze and pressure for rent increases, thereby freeing more cash for consumption which is another driver of GDP and will help pull us out of recession.
3. Protect property prices the flow on effects to consumer confidence which would have a positive cycle impact on prices and spending thereby pulling us out of recession.

I suspect this will be a strong focus area in next weeks budget.

Here's a link to Gail Kelly's thinking:

Westpac sees slow exit from recession

Gail Kelly said:
WESTPAC'S chief executive, Gail Kelly, has warned that the economy will deteriorate further into next year and recovery from recession is likely to be a "slow haul".

But she believed households were holding up better than previously feared and low interest rates would help the housing sector to lead the recovery.

I concur. :D

Cheers,
Michael

Shouldn't there be an option of "UNSURE"

Thinking aloud ... Should be
Qld - Is booming and should continue due to rising population
SA - Vaues are so low
NSW - Have been flat for a while so time to move.
VIC - Melbourne is the fastest growing city

I give up... PASS

Back