Angry RHG customers

Hiya AP

I have no alliance with RHG, and they represent a weasly part of my loan book.............which is just as well !

The show could just as easily have targetted Mac Bank whose def establishment fees and overall " cost recovery" make RHG look like a relative bargain.

Their swipe at the Dragon with the no deposit loan break cost is also interesting. The bank has given a borrower money with some extra risk in the deal..............so they do deserve their money ?

People usually enter these contracts willingly, BUT in my experience with both eyes well shut. Im the first to have a go at the way some lenders "hid" their defs ( RHG was one of those) where unless you looked very hard, you couldnt find them

The truth is that most lenders variable rate defs are below $ 1000, and until about 3 year ago, many lenders didnt have one.

Brokers are very much in favour of lower deferred establishment fees since it provides more competition, and thus potential brokers business, but there must also be a reasonable balance of cost recovery to the lender.

ta
rolf

Awww, poor RHG

Buts easy to pick on targets such as RHG, since they arent really in the business of new mortgages, and as such they cant be bothered to defend such tripe.

Says who? Not RHG
http://www.rhgl.com.au/default.asp?page=/our+home+loans

RHG Home Loans Range:
RHG 100% Home Loans – The faster way to buy your first home
RHG Limited Deposit – No need to save a full deposit
RHG Easy Start – Enjoy a 3 year home loan honeymoon!
RHG SmartWay Pro Pack – To help you own your home sooner
RHG Standard Pro Pack – Enjoy a discounted rate for the life of your loan
RHG Line of Credit Pro Pack – Easy access to your equity at home loan rates redraw your loan
RHG Fast Track – Buy your first home sooner with NO deposit and NO
mortgage insurance
RHG Basic – The no fuss, low rate home loan
RHG Zero – A great rate with zero account keeping fee
RHG Investor – A low rate home loan for property investors
RHG SmartWay – The “smarter” all-in-one home loan
RHG Standard Variable – Enjoy 100% Offset facility and free redraw
RHG Fixed Rate Options – Protect against rising interest rates
RHG Self-Employed (SE) Pro Pack – A discounted rate and low paperwork for the
self-employed
RHG Low Doc – The easy, low paperwork home loan for the self-employed
RHG Low Doc 500 Plus – A preferential rate and low paperwork for the
self-employed
RHG SmartWay Low Doc – Low paperwork and smarter money management
RHG Low Doc Line of Credit – Convenient access to equity for the self-employed

Poor RHG

I wish they'd at least give me a kiss or buy me dinner before making me touch my toes and smile

Hiya

As far as I am aware, those products are available only to existing RHG mortgagors.

If they werent, there would be a more significant challenge to existing mortgagors since they would be hit with those nice break costs.

At least in this stucture there is reasonable argument for a client to not have to exit the mortgage.

PS Im not a big fan of the 2 % +_ exit costs that old Rams had .................I doubt anyone is

ta
rolf

I wish they'd at least give me a kiss or buy me dinner before making me touch my toes and smile

Who signed the dotted line? Im sure they werent holding a gun to your head to do so.
You are exactly where you are today as a direct result of your past actions. Either put up with it or deal with it and move on.

Who signed the dotted line? Im sure they werent holding a gun to your head to do so.
You are exactly where you are today as a direct result of your past actions. Either put up with it or deal with it and move on.

What a load of BS

How can you possibly say that?

I signed on the dotted line with RAMS, not RHG

The rules with RAMS are different
The fees with RAMS are different by a lot
The Interest rates are different by a lot.

If RAMS had not sold the loan to these RHG sharks I would have no reason to leave, everything would be fine, I would be happy.

I am dealing with it by paying out the loan, but dont for a second try and make out that I am responsible for the deal with RHG and I should be happy about it.:mad:

If you check the website www.rhgl.com.au you will see that RAMS did not sell to RHG (as per your post). RAMS sold the brand name and the franchising arm to Westpac. In return for this, Westpac provided funds (at commercial rates) to RAMS to continue to be able to meet it's obligations and to settle loans from November, 2007 onwards when the NAB warehousing facility would have been fully committed.

Hey Manderson, have another read of Kristine's post. You DID sign with RHG - before they changed their name from RAMS.

What a load of BS

How can you possibly say that?
Quite easily.

I signed on the dotted line with RAMS, not RHG

You 'did' sign with RHG, re-read your contract. WBC just bought the 'RAMS franchise name'. The RHG existing loans book and the operator (which by signing your contract you are a part of) remains the same.

The rules with RAMS are different
The fees with RAMS are different by a lot
The Interest rates are different by a lot.
Of coarse they are. Its essentially WBC trading under the RAMS name.

If RAMS had not sold the loan to these RHG sharks I would have no reason to leave, everything would be fine, I would be happy.
They didnt. Those RHG sharks as you call them are the ones who you signed on the dotted line with.

I am dealing with it by paying out the loan, but dont for a second try and make out that I am responsible for the deal with RHG and I should be happy about it.:mad:
Yes by signing 'your contract with RHG' you are ultimately the one responsible for your actions, its just that you are in denial to realise otherwise. The sooner you do take responsibility for all your past actions the sooner your investments will take a remarkable improvement for the better.

Hope this helps to clear up your confusion. Happy investing.

Last edited:
Well I think its fair to say teh actions of RHG could be considered unconcionable. I belive this is s.51 of the Trade Parcatices Act, or something.

I don't think people ******* and moaning about RHG need ot be "brought to earth". They've got plenty to compain about!

I was with RHG and I recived NO CORRSPONDANCE AT ALL from either RHG or RAMS about teh changover, or about teh first 3 or four rate rises! I found myself many $1,000's behind where I expected by teh time I determined what was going on.

Whenever I have called RHG teh customer service is appakking. In fact they basically admitted to me that there wasnt any. Just pay loan.

So, yes, I believ RHG customer do have a right to piss and moan, and LESSER things have been tried as unconcionable.

!

It appears to me that the line between fiercely independent, knowledgable, well-informed investor and helpless victim is a flexible one.

Yes, TokenFunder, and perhaps something as simple as making sure that your lender knows your current address for the serving of notices could help, too.

And opening your mail from time to time!

My families’ collection of RHG letters and notifications is worthy of the National Library.

Back