We've done it!

Well ppl just thought Id post to let you all know we are 7 years into our 10 year CGA Strategy plan and settlement has just gone through this afternoon to now complete the property acquisition stage of our portfolio.

The property is a townhouse located in Cleveland Qld on a peninsula 300m to bay in one direction & overlooking canal living 170m in the other direction. In a complex of 6 others (2nd from the front) all owner occupied, and runs down the block between two streets.

The plan now is to let time weave its magical powers over the portfolio's compounding capital growth up until year 10.

Then its review time looking towards rat race exit, stage left!

Time for a couple celebration drinkies tonight :)

Attachments

• Aerial 2.JPG
    Aerial 2.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 933
  • Bayview.JPG
    Bayview.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 746
  • Canalsa.jpg
    Canalsa.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 667
Last edited:
Congratulations. What a fabulous position the Cleveland townhouse is in - so close to the water! You can't go wrong there, that's for sure.
Do you reckon you'll be able to just sit back for 3 years? Or will the bug bite again sooner than that?

Rixter, Congratulations mate! Definitely a good example of consistently moving forward every year, without worrying too much about trying to time the market :) Hope you and the bride enjoy the result of your hard works!

Stu

CONGRATULATIONS MATE !!

Now that the property acquisitions/collections complete will you be looking at other investment types (i.e. Shares, Managed Funds etc)?

Or are you happy to take a breather and let the equity build?

How are you finding it with holding the completed portfolio are you +CF across the folio or topping up with wages, dipping into equity slightly?

lastly...when's the big Party (D Day...Departure Day from work) :confused::D

Good onya Rixter. Nothing like "working the plan". :)

Settlements should always be celebrated - have another drink tonight - but probably wait until morning to post again, otherwise it'll probaby lok smefing lek thiss...;)

Congratulations Rick!!!!! A lovely 'little piece of heaven' in the beautiful Redland Shire (me biased?? nah!). What a wonderful achievement for you to have completed the property acquisition stage!!! Where to from here???

Will have a glass (or two) of bubbly for you tonight! :)

Cheers
LynnH

Congratulations Rixter. I love it when a plan comes together.
You say they are all owner occupied; does this mean you are moving from WA to sunny Qld? Call me for the housewarming party. :D

woohoo rixter - what an exciting place to be in. i get butterflys just thinking about it ... now for just a little (or a lot) of capital appreciation and we'll wave you off on your first class tripping around the world

Thanks a lot everyone.

It just feels like yesterday we took our first steps forward towards our goals & aspirations.

To those of you are starting off, may I say dream big, dream long & keep focussed.

Dont let anything or anyone steal your dream/s.

Vision x Decision x Action = Success!

'Visualize' what it is you are wanting to ultimately achieve,

'Decide' the strategy you will utlise to making it happen,

'Actively' pursue and apply or work that strategy.

It's 80% Mindset & 20% applied Strategy.

Or will the bug bite again sooner than that?

Glucose, I'm sure we will at some stage down the track.

As our portfolio's income increases naturally over time due to rental increases etc we will be pushed back up into a taxable income bracket, and as such be subject to income tax. The idea when this situation occurs will be to purchase more property.

That in turn will provides further tax deductions from the increased holding expenses.

Bit of a shame that, having to increase our asset base and net wealth even further in order to reduce our taxable income back to zero. :)

Now that the property acquisitions/collections complete will you be looking at other investment types (i.e. Shares, Managed Funds etc)?

Where to from here???

We already have significant equity and Im sure it will also generate a lot more over next few years. Instead of letting this lazy equity just sit there we plan to get it working more efficiently for us by placing a portion into the stockmarket via a managed fund invested for cash flow income.

How are you finding it with holding the completed portfolio are you +CF across the folio or topping up with wages, dipping into equity slightly?

A lot of our earlier purchased property is now cash flow neutral and positively geared. Our last couple purchased this year are negatively geared, however the earlier properties pretty much offset these later ones. We plan the slight cash flow short fall across our portfolio will be offset via the managed fund and natural rental increases in time. Our Investment LOC's also provide us cash flow SANF.

lastly...when's the big Party (D Day...Departure Day from work)

D-day Im working towards is 1st July 2010. Im sure you will get an invite Redwing! :D

Last edited:
Could only post 3 pics in first post.

Heres 2 more taken from the front and rear street accesses.

Mines the 2nd townhouse down the driveway in the first pic with the upstairs decking.

Attachments

• Camera 133a.jpg
    Camera 133a.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 565
  • Camera 213a.jpg
    Camera 213a.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
Back