south east brisbane

HI,can any PI investors help with info.

Am looking to invest in the area east of the Pacific Highway towards the coast and as far down as may be Beenleigh. Anyone give me an idea of areas that might show good opportunities or adivce about the areas.

appreciate any advice,

invp20

I purchased 2 ips this year - a unit in beenleigh and a house in bethania (several suburbs west). THe area is growing like crazy - it flatlined for about 10 years and started growing 1.5-2 yrs ago now. Growth rates are rediculous for the last year (like 50% and up). I have no idea if it will stop soon or not - maybe too many southern investers like us? :) Due to recent growth it is now difficult to +cashflow.

Beenleigh is on the western side of the highway - Eagleby is a suburb close by if you want something on the east.

I don't know much about other areas closer to wynnum, VP or the city as I found them to expensive for me.

The whole area is pretty much working class, but suburbs differ. Northwest closer to the city, Logan is the other cheap area.

I'm in Victoria Point, a bit more expensive as knightm points out, but still cheap by Sydney Standards. 3bd houses, 700sm blocks, 5 minutes to water starting at around $260k+

Most people think this entre area still has a few years good growth in it. I hope it does, as I live here and have IP here.

Hi all,

We have property just on the west side of the highway at Tanah Merah. We also looked in the areas you mentioned, and the prices have skyrocketed in the last 18 months(as per Knightm).

I think ABCD may have the right location to look in now, if you can obtain those prices.

bye

Hi There,

I live in Cornubia which is on the east side of the highway heading towards the Bayside suburbs. I have just read in the paper that they are building a new ring road in Beenleigh to help with better traffic flow. The road will be built in such a way that it can be widened quickly as growth continues. Secondly the Queensland government has announced an upgrade of the rail network between Brisbane and the Gold Coast to virtually double capacity. The Logan Hyperdome which is the biggest shopping centre between Brisbane and G/C is due to have an 45 million dollar upgrade to allow for a new ampitheatre and a bigger food court etc. There is a proposal underway and has been approved in principal for a new marina to be built on the logan river at Loganholme and there are proposals underway for Residential developments to house around 10,000 people in the Mt Cotton area. My opinion is that you do not get big business and governments spending this kind of money unless they can see the need. All I can say is make your own judgement but it looks like a pretty safe bet to invest in this area.

Originally posted by Bill.L
I think ABCD may have the right location to look in now, if you can obtain those prices.
Bill
Its easy, all you need to do is be driving past just as the REA is putting the "For Sale" sign up, and then sign the contract there and then !!! :D :D :D

Otherwise, 5 minutes later, it will be to late ........ That's how I got my last one, at $212k in May.

I'm still waiting for one at $215k, but I have a feeling that they may have decided on a higher price by the time they do decide to sell !! :mad:

Dear Invp20,

Stick to one's easy walking distance to the train and medium density zoning and when traffic jams continue to build up you simply redevelop to build your blocks of units on.

Nothing like being here is person to better understand the market.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Back