Kitchen reno and family room extension

G'day guys

Just going through my photos and thought I'd share some of the photos of a reno I completed a year ago at our PPOR (currently rented)

Ill find the figures also. 1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.jpg

5.jpg

Work involved a DA as I extend out to the side to add an extra living space. This was previosuly the carport under the main roof so it was raising the floor level and closing in the walls. Also the front door was moved and existing porch closed in to create an entry. and the kicthen was re-done!

Its funny the things that stick out as something cool that was done, the pantry may possibly be not needed but the opportunity was there to be a good use of space and turned out great. It is built into the laundry and the back wall of pantry was moved to create a longer shower on the opposite side. The laundry is smaller but with a mini tub there is enough room.

Also adding in a study desk the kitchen we found great for all of 2 weeks we got to use it!! before the reno i slapped a desk up in there and it is so handy!

I also mixed up the cornices to jazz it up, may be overcapitalising but everyone spots them! plus doing some work as a plasterer i just cant go to boring standard (IPs will be different though!)

I tiles the entry gloss white plus some square cornice 90deg angle. Cant think of the name and cant find a photo!!

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

I do love a good before and after photo thread :D.

I like your cooktop and keen to know what the bench top is made of?

Figures would be good to see, as it is always good to see actual figures. The problem with the renovating shows is they rarely give a breakdown of where the money went.

Edit: Just saw the next lot of photos. I'm keen to know what that flooring is too?

Costs

$3000 Draftsman, DA, Engineer
$13000 Extension building works
$5500 Labour (plumbing, chippy)
$6000 Kitchen (ikea $3k, appliances plumbing benchtop $3k) All installed myself
$4000 front and rear decks (rear 19.5m2, front see pic 12m2?) something nice we wanted

$31500

I also built a single car kit garage out the back for $2700

I do love a good before and after photo thread :D.

I like your cooktop and keen to know what the bench top is made of?

Figures would be good to see, as it is always good to see actual figures. The problem with the renovating shows is they rarely give a breakdown of where the money went.

Edit: Just saw the next lot of photos. I'm keen to know what that flooring is too?

cooktop is great! fits a standard 600 cupboard but gets the extra burner, bargain too off grays online!
bench is..... ikea melamine stuff. That was the last job and I went to ikea returned a bunch of stuff and said i need this much bench I want something cheap! i was over it by then and wanted out as we knew were moving out. and for $385!

Flooring from bunnings, formice brand. cant remeber colour. its the click together stuff

Thanks guys

Michael, looking back at the numb3rs the kitchen kicked butt! Very happy with it.

Valuation after the bathroom was renovated (I'll find a link to my thread for that) was 340k in mid 2012. After this work was done the real estate and myself put it at $ 450k in jan 2014. There was a big jump in the market during that period but I'll claim $60 to our handy work!
Now it's at $490 -510 going off others in the area currently

Last edited:
Looks great, well done.

Who did the rendering? And what product is it. I'm thinking of doing a little brick 3 bedder myself.

Allgood

Michael, looking back at the numb3rs the kitchen kicked butt! Very happy with it.

My last kitchen cost me more than $6k and didn't look as good haha.

Awesome news on the valuation! Rinse and repeat a few times and you will be well on the way to your dreams.

Looks great, well done.

Who did the rendering? And what product is it. I'm thinking of doing a little brick 3 bedder myself.

Allgood

I cant remember the guys name, but the wife might be able to. He was a local old guy from st marys. FYI $4500 cash to do our place.
He used the stuff out of tubs, not mixing cement/sand etc.

Where the brick work met the blue board he used an acrylic (prefered stuff for blueboard) render so that it can handle the expansion/contraction of the blueboard

Back