Gladstone QLD - How is it Going????

Looks like wrapping / vendor finance.

Good news is vacancy rates continue to drop, down to 4.9% from a high of almost 12%.

Same with stock on market, 1700 (Apr 13) down to 1290 (Dec 14). It was 800 throughout the height of the last boom period.

I don't expect a boom times to return for a while, but word on the ground from my PM's is that we have probably just passed the bottom. She is even looking to raise rents just a touch on some select properties.

Our tenant just moved out this week. We have come up from Hervey Bay and am listing it on the market for $420.
7 year old, 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom (17 Julius crescent, Clinton, Gladstone)
We need to sell, so any advise appreciated.
cheers
Anna

Now Dec, please try to play nice. I'm sure the poor lady requires some pampering.

My house is a five minute walk from schools and shops and rented last week before the current lease had expired. Thank you Lord!

The good news is that my tenant has come off the island and still has a years' employment. The island's housing might be closing but not everyone on the island is leaving town. These workmen will have to go somewhere.

Now Dec, please try to play nice. I'm sure the poor lady requires some pampering.

I was'nt being nasty, OP said they had listed at $420k and 10 minutes later RE.com had it at $415k.

Repeated discounting at that speed will get a sale, thats a fact. ;)

O sorry Dec, I didn't notice that on the advert. I thought you meant that was the estimated rate of dropping values since the date she had purchased:eek:

Hey R377, what sort of rental vs price paid are you getting for your latest property there...? And what area?

If you don't mind sharing, I'm just interested to compare.

Investment property leads - delivering consumers looking to purchase IP.

Both my properties are in west gladstone right in behind the hospital. I am getting $315 and $350 per week for each property. The $350 is a long term tenant and $315 was the more recent house.

Vacancy rates Gladstone. Jan 5.2%. Feb 4.9%. March 4.4%

Market must be getting a bit better. We just negotiated a $30pw(up from $240) rent increase and 12 month lease.
Your are very lucky I just renewed mine at $40 less pw.. Its not getting any better and unless a major development gets the go ahead in the next 6 months things are only going to get worse.

Stock on market back down to 1,263 (from a April 13 high of ~1,800).

Last time stock was at this level was around Oct 2011. Rents up 6% in the last quarter.

Hopefully the doom and gloom mindset continues (and the reality over swings back to a rental shortage).

Stock on market back down to 1,263 (from a April 13 high of ~1,800).

Last time stock was at this level was around Oct 2011. Rents up 6% in the last quarter.

Hopefully the doom and gloom mindset continues (and the reality over swings back to a rental shortage).

That's what I'm hoping too David.. Here and chinchilla a lot of people have been burnt and are being burnt hopefully these places get a bad reputation for investing..

Hope things improve for everyone holding properties there, I don't think you have to worry about both places getting a bad rap though, anyone with the slightest investment knowledge would be aware of what has happened there IMO

Still talk of this steel plant going ahead in the Gladstone observer, saying they would be aiming to start construction in 2016. Alot of jobs involved if it goes ahead. All the locals comment on there saying it has no hope of going ahead though, anyone on the ground there with any thoughts/insider knowledge?

Still talk of this steel plant going ahead in the Gladstone observer, saying they would be aiming to start construction in 2016. Alot of jobs involved if it goes ahead. All the locals comment on there saying it has no hope of going ahead though, anyone on the ground there with any thoughts/insider knowledge?

Do they state why it wont go ahead? Whenever I read any comments by locals, they are generally like nasty brats poo pooing anything and everything for the sake of being negative.

Back