costs for duplex construction

hi guys yeah we have had a few dramas with supervisors quitting etc etc and us being interstate at the time I think we were push down the pile a bit

thanks erko

there are a few things we would do differently next time as you only learn from experience just little things

probably change the colours of the painted moroka around the portico to a darker greys these ones come out a little purple I think
I don't think I like the moroka yet might have to go render

we will be moving into 1 as ppor and renting the other side out
we will see how the market is towards xmas over here and if it is still heated we might sell the ppor
if we do we will then move into the next door side for 6 months and claim as ppor then hold that 1 for 7 years etc

driveways are going in Wednesday so getting close
landscaper will be finished back yard Monday
then move to the front Thursday after driveways etc

extra costs

Hi mate,

love the thread. as mentioned earlier someone said :-

" however, to allocate additional funds for site works: extra piering, retaining walls (if any), fences, driveway, cross-over and layback (parts of driveway on council land), landscaping, stormwater drainage, detention and disposal, rainwater tanks. This would generally cost in excess of $120,000 for an average duplex. This is significantly more than you allowed for"

would love to know the additional costs apart from the actual building from the 600k for kurmond

Thanks mate & goodluck with it all

delay in driveway being poured had all steel ready for pour tomorrow inspector came out and apparently it is not low enough
as means another excavator go back out to re dig everything for 3rd time
re box up
re steel
then book in for pour
they have said 2-3 weeks

so frustrating
another 3 weeks until 2nd walk through and final
hopefull bank does their report asap
so hopefully keys in 4 weeks max
so theres another months interest
as soon as complete ill put up costs for whoever is interested
cheers

ill let everyone know of my experience with Kurmond homes once completed
ta

yeah tell me about it ace
apparently they went to pour Thursday week nut council came out and told them the levels were wrong and driveway needed to be lower

so now apparently the excavator has to go back out cut a bit out to lower and also need to extend the footpaths each side of the driveway

so this is suppose to be happening Monday then I spoke with the concretor and apparently he has booked everything in for Thursday and pouring the whole lot

then my landscaper can come back for 5 days and finished

ill wait to the final handover of keys to give my feedback on Kurmond homes

in the mean time there are less properties on the market since 3 weeks ago
so might get a little steamy for this valuation fingers crossed
ill also post up some completed pics in about 2 weeks of inside and out

The excavator is getting unloaded right now.
Hiring the traffic controllers must add up after a while.
Hopefully the builder is not going to try and add these costs to your variations.

Thanks ace
Apparently all booked for thursday pour weather permitting
And yes they stung me for traffic control on all deliveries
As well bricks frames etc
These are the things you learn on first job of what to and not to include in the contracts etc

yeah they didn't but how they got around it is that the council on site required the footpaths to be done extra so we needed the excavator there for that so then they also did the driveway
because I questioned that
so needed it there to break up existing footpath etc remove dirt etc
sneaky they are

Just a quick thanks G.F for taking the time to help others from your experiences with this project.
Disclosure .. I'm an auctioneer! ..but also about to undertake the first duplex project & really appreciate all the input on this thread.
If you or any of the contributors here have a 'selling' question I'm happy to help. (I'm an auctioneer, not an 'agent' any more!)

nearly there

Landscape should be finished monday if turf arrives
Then first open house next week

Attachments

• 20150424_154650.jpg
    20150424_154650.jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 616
Interesting to go back to your first post mate in April, 2013....you were looking at spending just under $1.5 with a $950K return on each. Was that $1.5 about right?

I haven't seen the interiors but I'm backing you'll get at least $1.2 each or more than double your original estimated profit for these now given the massive rise in the market over the last two years.

Well done!!

Hey guys yeah it come up real neat

We are selling now because we are going to try and put profits back into another project buy new car etc etc
Plus sydney market is boiling

Yep 1.5m total

And yes the market moved pretty hard as we were building

We are auctioning 1 in 4 weeks
Then the second 1 on july 1st

Then have some funds available for next job

We have to structure future projects better to minimise tax etc

We are hoping 1.2m each i think that will be the maximum
I would be over the moon at 1.25m
There isnt much on the market at the moment in the area
So fingers crossed
Our first open house is this weekend but forecast rain so hopefully people still show up

Back