my new favorite quote

05636b5b2c97b91ad5b6bd6da61ba787.jpg

Food for thought

I see it as a metaphor about leaving your home port and venturing out to experience the unknown

I bought this artwork from the Billich gallery at the rocks. It is hanging in the living room, wanted it on the wall in front of my bed but it was a little too big. Reminds me of that really bad misquote "we are the master of our own ships" had it signed off the age I started the business, 27.

Attachments

• lg_Aust-Day-Regatta-2008.jpg
    lg_Aust-Day-Regatta-2008.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 69
Favourite quote, these come from the Baha'I writtings I grew up with:

"Strain every nerve to acquire both inner and outer perfections, for the fruit of the human tree hath ever been and will ever be perfections both within and without. It is not desirable that a man be left without knowledge or skills, for he is then but a barren tree. Then, so much as capacity and capability allow, ye needs must deck the tree of being with fruits such as knowledge, wisdom, spiritual perception and eloquent speech."

another favourite

"Regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value. Education can, alone, cause it to reveal its treasures, and enable mankind to benefit there from."

Growing up in a family that emphasises the above is incredible. In school teachers would say 'kids are like sponges, they absorb so much' but there is an inherent flaw in that. Sponges can only absorb to the point where they start to drip, but a mine, you can always keep digging deeper and deeper, and the gems you find can polished until perfection.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up, it knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.

Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.

It doesn't matter whether you're the lion or a gazelle-when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up, it knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.

Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.

It doesn't matter whether you're the lion or a gazelle-when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

12 seconds, 1 prey, 110 km/h

BiodegradableBitterElkhound.gif

Back