tenant tells PM they're vacating

So I get a call today from the PM telling me that tenants have sent them a notice that they're vacating and to confirm that I want them to go ahead with advertising for a new tenant etc. The thing is, the PM didn't even check to see if they were on a fixed lease until I asked. Now they have to go back and tell the tenants about breaking the lease, advertising costs etc.

Not a big deal, but I would have thought this would be fairly obvious to a PM. Mine? Not so much.

Interesting, it should be one of the first things that the PM checks as they need to enter a vacating date into the system! Perhaps they were just having an off day?

If your PM has a lot of off days perhaps change over :D

And then comes the e-mail...

[from the PM]

'Do you have a copy of the lease? Could you send me a copy?'

Are those alarm bells I hear? :confused:

Oh my!! :eek:

Definitely give them the boot!

Make sure you tell the principle exactly why they've lost the management and tell them they need an overhaul on their systems and procedures.

so if you cant find yours .. then what?
Surely the onus is on the person you are PAYING to at least have the 1 document the need to keep???

And then comes the e-mail...

[from the PM]

'Do you have a copy of the lease? Could you send me a copy?'

Are those alarm bells I hear? :confused:

Yes, the bells are sounding and I suggest you heed their call!! (Unless this PM took over management after the tenant moved in and the previous agent has been horrid in not supplying all paperwork?)

Back