Leasing a car park

Hi, to anyone out there that owns and self leasing a car park space in Melbourne CBD (i.e. not under some sort of lease agreement), aside from the council and water rates, what are the other outgoings/expenses that need to be paid?

I own a car park space and after a recent rent review, the annual rent was drastically reduced!! Hence I'm thinking of terminating the lease and renting out the space myself, and concern about the hidden extra costs that I may have to pay.

Thanks in advance for any help anybody can provide here.

You've stumped a few of us here Jag, a market review/new lease may result in a drop in rent especially in commercial where you are subject to demand and supply as well as the vaguarities of the economy.

If it is under lease, then how do you propose to terminate the lease prematurely? or is it on holdover and you've agreed to a rent reduction? What sort of lease is it under? Is it leased to a national carpark operator?

How do you think you will fare getting the space leased? Will it be a better outcome than the current agreement?

As for costs, is the current tenant paying these? It is possible that the following may apply - council rates, water rates, strata levies, insurance, land tax, management/advertising (if externally managed).

On a side note, and sorry to hijack, but what would would everyone be comfortable with paying for a permanent carpark in Collingwood (melb)?

On Langridge st between Smith and Hoddle. Monthly payments for 2 cars spots on a private bit of land.

Parking metres in the vicinity are approx. $3.70 per hour for 2 hours max.

Back