Cairns and FNQ Meet up - EOI

I've been in Cairns nearly 6 months and noticed there's a few SS'ers from the area.

I was thinking it would be good to meet some of the locals and perhaps make a regular event of it - what is everyone's thoughts?

Cool, party of 2!

I've still got another couple of trips to Melbourne before August but will be booking flights shortly so will have more of an idea of schedule soon.

For you Jen (and others) day or time that suits better?

Cool, party of 2!

I've still got another couple of trips to Melbourne before August but will be booking flights shortly so will have more of an idea of schedule soon.

For you Jen (and others) day or time that suits better?

Well if Im gonna ride, pick a day with a nice Southerly wind OK!

pinkboy

I live in Cairns and was actually talking to a few SSers about doing one of these soon, so I'm in also. I'm in the city area. When and where Kesse?

I live in Cairns and was actually talking to a few SSers about doing one of these soon, so I'm in also. I'm in the city area. When and where Kesse?

Great minds Beachy ;)

I thought you'd be on the nothern beaches with a name like that!

I thought I might leave 'where' (and when for that matter) up for suggestions. I'm sure there's others that know the good meeting places better than I - all I could think of was Yorkeys Knob Boat Club but that's a bit out of the way, especially if you're south of the city.

Yorkeys is as good a place as any. Can we tie it in with the tides and I'll have a cast off the rock wall afterwards? I work funny shift and weekends so you just choose a time Kesse and we'll say yay, or nay.

Yorkeys is as good a place as any. Can we tie it in with the tides and I'll have a cast off the rock wall afterwards? I work funny shift and weekends so you just choose a time Kesse and we'll say yay, or nay.

Sounds good Risky - caught a good Barra off the wall (on the boat) though haven't had much success lately - think it's getting a little chilly for them?

How does 7pm Saturday 19th July at Yorkeys Knob Boat Club suit everyone?

At this stage, it looks fine for me. I'm currently in Townsville, buying in Brisbane, and expecting to be in Cairns in the next few weeks. Any chance we can fine tune a bit closer to the date?

Cheers

Jen

I've just found this thread, good idea Kesse.

Having said that, I am not sure if I'll make it. :eek:

The few days prior is the Cairns Show and I'll be working there all week, with pack up on the Sat.... might be too buggered to be sociable! But will pencil it in, and see closer to the date.

Good point about the Cairns show Hobo. It's a long weekend hey?

Even if we just pencil it in and like Jen suggested fine tune it closer to the date to find a date and time to suit the majority.

Back