Depreciation Report - Have I left it too late?

We settled on our first IP 3 weeks ago and have spent this time doing some minor renos and cosmetic fixes.
It's just hit home, that tennants move in at the end of next week and I still need to organise a depreciation report. Does anyone know how much notice is needed for a QS to organise one? Seeing as I can't do anything until now until Monday, I'm wondering if I've left it too late.

We settled on our first IP 3 weeks ago and have spent this time doing some minor renos and cosmetic fixes.
It's just hit home, that tennants move in at the end of next week and I still need to organise a depreciation report. Does anyone know how much notice is needed for a QS to organise one? Seeing as I can't do anything until now until Monday, I'm wondering if I've left it too late.

If you can meet the QS there one day/night next week (i.e. Mon-Thur) then a company _should_ be able to help you out. Call Depreciator and see if they have a guy who can fit you in.

That being said, it's not the end of the world if the QS visits once the tenant's in. Just try and go with a more reputable provider and they will usually have more professional staff who know how to be polite and respectful, and mindful of the tenants needs.

Best of luck!

If the property is in a metro area, an inspection next week isn't going to be an issue for any company. Our guys like jobs where the owner is the contact as opposed to a tenant, so they jump on these ones. Tenants tend to be the reason for any timing blow-outs.
Scott

Yikes! Someone should be in contact with me in the next couple of days to organise an inspection, but it could take up to 2 weeks!
I've left it to late :-(. How do you organise these things when a tennant has just moved in? Are we even allowed to still organise for this to happen? I've paid my deposit and have left a message for the PM.

uhh .... seems a f-----n LOT .... I posted real early about BMT that we have used in Melbourne .....plus their 'double ... guarantee' .....and they are bloody good I tell you ...... did you like ask ??? LL
PS No I have nothing to do with BMT just a happy camper.

You must have neglected to mention Somersoft. That would have meant a $100 discount. It's not too late - email me.

Depends on the age of the property and how much information (and costs) people have.

uhh .... seems a f-----n LOT .... I posted real early about BMT that we have used in Melbourne .....plus their 'double ... guarantee' .....and they are bloody good I tell you ...... did you like ask ??? LL
PS No I have nothing to do with BMT just a happy camper.

I did call BMT. Because it's not a new house, they offered me the 'supply your receipts/photos and we'll take care of the rest' service. It's our first purchase, I didn't want the worry of possibly missing something in the photos and then having to bother the PM and tenant, plus the time it would take to photograph everything when we were trying to get all the final things fixed, plus the hours it'd probably take me to collate all of our receipts together for the hundred odd trips we took to Masters and Bunnings.
Depreciator offered me the 'we'll send someone to visit' service straight off the bat. Less hassle for me = less stress = happy life for my husband & little kids. :)

Ymyc

As always nikkig it's YMYC ... I have to admit that I have a definite distaste for any outfit that charges top dollar and then says "oh but you didn't give the secret handshake" but that's a personal thing. Anyhow I can tell a happy wife is a happy life ...and that's more than $$$ can buy. Got your first one away...so good luck. I recall our first one wayyy back ...now that one tested the relationship at the time !! LL

We have used BMT a few times and they came out to the property pretty quick I think we paid around $600-700 and that included a printed hard copy report, these days they email soft copy for a small discount.

Very much worth taking a look into.

I have a 1960s apartment and it still managed an extra $1300 for my tax return which I wouldn't have gotten otherwise at a cost of half for the depreciation report.

Back