Perth property listings - under 9,000

Wow and they are pretty main roads too!

I didn't even give much thought to the pinetree prop when it was listed, due to main road. Hubby had a quick walk thru before auction and said it was very well presented.

The Apsley block is huge. But the 3x1 is not very flash. Not sure how to make money from it as an IP.

Further down the list of top public schools is Carine. I viewed this house but didn't go to the auction. I received a text it was passed in at $750,000. IMO it needs $100,000 to be spent on it, overpriced!
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-duncraig-118220111
(And yes Ausprop and WM, the mirror above main bed is a huge turn-off!)

Carine Senior High actually ranks below Duncraig Senior High so if it's being sold with that in mind, then yes it is well and truly overpriced.

WM these places attract the money due to Rossmoyne HS and Willetton HS these 2 schools are always in the top 10 of all high schools when the results are published.

Yup but still it's a lot of dough for a pretty busy road:) I think I'd prefer to buy something in Bullcreek which is in the zone.

How high will the listings get before people start buying?

? they are buying

I am surprised the sellers market has remained for so long, I think achieving a balanced market is good for the market generally.

Grief I hope we don't go to 20,000! that's moving into a serious buyer's market. having said that, look what the drop in listings did to prices (pretty much stuff all)... which is perverse hey?

Its not a flat market, there are still buyers in the market, but now you need to make sure that if selling the property is marketed correctly and at the right price because more stock is on the market and buyers have more choice, there is no point over pricing, it wont sell.

yes you should be able to get away with a bit of over pricing whilst there is still a stock shortage. obviously as we get closer to when (or if) the market meets balance then the ability to get a premium price reduces. Realistically you would have to think we will see increased supply and eventually it will hit a balanced market and could over shoot that. This has a caveat though.. that despite the serious previous shortage last year prices really moved very little, so will the reverse hold true?

Its not a flat market, there are still buyers in the market, but now you need to make sure that if selling the property is marketed correctly and at the right price because more stock is on the market and buyers have more choice, there is no point over pricing, it wont sell.

I agree with you to a degree. IMO at the end of they day it really depends on the strategy one plays. Buy & hold?, renovate?, subdivide?, develop?, CG?,CF?

Back