Massland seminar - Mark Rolton

they are very unresponsive after selling

I have same issue like your friend, they are terrible customer service, very unresponsive after you paying to them...

I have friends who have put deposit bonds on the townhouses in Glenfield and they've been waiting two years for approval...Nothing so far.

Also, they tried selling house and land packages in edmondson park but it was rejected by council because they tried rezoning a farm into an estate and the council said no because they had already done the zoning and had specific areas where development could happen..

Any chance of posting the pro forma letter with identifying details removed? I was always curious how these people opened negotiations.

Sure. Here is the only one I kept - binned the others.

001.jpg

From memory, the others were simpler without much detail at all.

I've had 2 approaches from Massland people. I've got 3 acres on 2 neighbouring lots, so I can see why developers would love it.

The first sounded Ok - simple and polite, neat and professional looking.

The 2nd approach was a doozy - letters hand written in scrawl and 2 of them a few days apart, 1 for each of the 2 lots. Clearly he hadn't looked at a map and he didn't realise there were 2 adjoining lots. Presumably he just trawled trhough databases looking for lots over a certain size. I think he was fresh out of high school, or prison, or somewhere. Didn't have a clue and was advertising it freely!

Massland Scam

I have attended his seminars. To be honest you are partially right. not everything is delivered on and they drop the ball a bit (we've had to go it alone on deals as Massland wouldn't look at them). But I've been grateful for the information alone as it has propelled me as a property developer forward like never before. Our company www.bgtdevelopments.com has since helped out other massland graduates who now have the knowledge but struggle to put it into action to create win wins. If you have spent money gaining this knowledge (and I'll assume you love property) - DON"T WASTE IT!
And for the record, don't listen to all the haters out there. Mark is a pioneer in this space and has done incredibly well from it. But it's called "pioneering" because no one has offered this information (or packaged it up) like Mark has before. Now I'm sure a lot of what he had planned was very different in his head to how it actually played out (hence why there's so many pissed of people), but the core of the knowledge is all you need to pay for any of his courses multiple times over and if you haven't put it into action already then get off your computer and get out there and start talking to some people.

These strategies are easy to teach however, difficult to implement. You need to be dedicated and be prepared to knock on doors to get the right property.

The promoters dont really care as the success depends on you applying the strategies correctly. The majority will fail due to the complexity or in action.

I must admit that may only failure after several years of developing was on an option which lapsed. My plan was to get a DA and develop 30 units and we had unconditional finance to purchase the site and develop and our option had just expired. We could not get the seller to extend the option or go onto a contract to settle as he was very stubborn. Our bank only needed an extra week to settle.

Unfortunately, for us the seller got offered and extra $400k after we had improved the value of the site 4km from the CBD. Greed had set in and any verbal discussions went out the window when the cash up developer turned up.

It was a hard lesson for me and I have been in this game for many years. I wonder how a novice will fare when the going gets tough. I am not giving up on options just getting smarter. However, sites are difficult to find in the profit zones that I am targeting.

In the mid 1990's I used to work for an company called The Hudson Institute that ran educational seminars around the country. They taught grass roots investment skills that could be applied to the average mum and investor.

What Massland is teaching is not for everyone.

Massland in Glenfield

I have friends who have put deposit bonds on the townhouses in Glenfield and they've been waiting two years for approval...Nothing so far.

Also, they tried selling house and land packages in edmondson park but it was rejected by council because they tried rezoning a farm into an estate and the council said no because they had already done the zoning and had specific areas where development could happen..

Hi ej89 and other forum members,

At Massland, we are 100% committed to delivering the best possible outcome for our investors. We take pride in providing regular updates as our developments progress, and this has certainly been the case with our Glenfield site. Occasionally, circumstances outside of our control cause unforseen delays. Our development approvals lodged with Liverpool City Council have been taking longer than expected and we have been working closely with the council to keep the process moving as quickly as possible. The council has a large number of approvals to process and town planners appear to be overwhelmed with a demanding workload due to the rapid expansion of the region. We never drop the ball on this...we're working hard on moving forward and keep our valued investors in the loop. We welcome feedback and encourage anyone with any questions or concerns to call us on 07 5531 7822 or email [email protected]

Back