Active buyers in Brisbane?

For those who know the property game in Brisbane, are there many buyers out at the moment? My property at Chermside was listed for sale last week and there hasn't been much interest in the way of open house inspections. The agent is telling me to take a low offer as interest in the property just isn't there.

Is it still quiet after Christmas or are there lots of buyers already out there?

This week we went back to pre-Christmas levels on new contracts coming in.
Last week about 3/4

We were similar, probably 50% the week before but back to 100% of pre xmas rush last week, lots of interstate buyers using equity gains from Perth, Syd and Melb looking to diversify into the Brisbane market.

Mainly in the $400-$600k range.

For those who know the property game in Brisbane, are there many buyers out at the moment? My property at Chermside was listed for sale last week and there hasn't been much interest in the way of open house inspections. The agent is telling me to take a low offer as interest in the property just isn't there.

Is it still quiet after Christmas or are there lots of buyers already out there?

Your property was listed a week ago and already the agent is trying to accept a lowball?

Your property was listed a week ago and already the agent is trying to accept a lowball?

Yep, he says the first few weeks give an indication of interest and as there have only been a few people through the door it's not expected to change and lower offers could now come.

Yep, he says the first few weeks give an indication of interest and as there have only been a few people through the door it's not expected to change and lower offers could now come.

Yes maybe but not when you list in Mid Jan.

If you are not desperate to sell, take it off the market wait the 60-90 days for the exclusive agency contract to run out and list it with another agent for a fresh start at a better time of year

While that may be generally true, surely a seasonal variation would be taken into account when making such a statement and planning future marketing ?

Ta

Rolf

We held our first opens on the 10th of January, and at one property we had 35 inspections. I believe Chermside is an active market. PM me if you would like me to look further.

We didn't see much of a slow down even over the Christmas break when we were still putting properties under contract with massive inspection numbers.

Back