Smithfield SA

Thanks. Hope you do well with yours as well! If I bought a pair of duplexes I'd definitley be pulling in at $100-$140 a week in rent more. Maybe in the future I'll consider that as an option.

The property I bought is on a 800+sqm block with around 23m of frontage.

Good one mate. That one i referred to is a single house on 600+ with 20 so can still split in the future if/when it comes to that too.

Nothing wrong with having some of each, either. With a good lending strategy and good property management, you can buy as many as you want up there without lifting a finger ;)

Smithfield is in a higher range than Smithfield Plains as it has a lot more newer stock in the areas from infill developments over the last 10 years.

I'd hazard a guess however that Smithfield Plains will reach similar levels as development continues in the area. Smithfield as well has a lot of mixed older commercial/industrial in the area, which I think detracts from the value compared to Smithfield Plains.

Brady - the zoning changes have come from ringing west torrens council.

We listed a property for sale in these areas recently but holding it as a rental for 6 months due to zone changes and a potential to add $300k of value for this vendor.
Will let you know if anything is published on it.

Back