Michael Yardney's Property Development and renovation 3 day course

Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of attending Michael Yardney's Property Development & renovation 3 day course in Melbourne on 17th-19th October 2014 (Cost $1,995) and wanted to know if anyone has attended his course in the past or anyone going to this one?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Teshy

For renovating, I just use YouTube = free.

$1995 buys you a crap load of tools to do just about any renovation you need.

This workshop isn't just about Renos though.

See the key bullet points of what they will cover over 3 days

When you attend, you will learn:
? What is really going on in the world economy and what this means to you as a property investor.
? How to select the right type of properties to renovate for substantial profits.
? How I makes significant returns on my money by developing residential property including an extended session on how you could become a property developer. You will receive my A- Z Manual of Property Development including Metropole?s internal checklists and worksheets. This manual is not available anywhere else.
? How to find property that won?t tie you down with negative cash flow.
? What exactly drives property prices ? why, over the next few years, some properties will perform so much better than others and how to find these properties.
? How to buy real estate well below its replacement value.
? How to select the suburbs that are likely to provide strong capital growth over the next few years (many suburbs will not).
? How to use the lessons from previous property cycles to take advantage of the opportunities that lie ahead. Most investors will miss out!
? I will explain how I research property to find the boom ?Hot Spot? suburbs of tomorrow so you could achieve maximum profit with minimum risk.
? The best way to buy property including at auction and private sale and what research you need to do before you buy.
? The negotiation tricks used by the pro?s to ensure they get a great deal every time.
? How to outsmart the estate agents and auctioneers at their own game, including how to conduct yourself at auctions.
? How to make offers and structure contracts to buy property with extended settlements, minimum deposits at fire sale prices.
? Preparing the contracts, the clauses you can use to your advantage and an escape clause you must know about.
? How to get started in commercial property and take advantage of strong cash flow and capital gains. Including understanding the different types of commercial properties ? retail, industrial and office and which is right for you. Then you will learn what makes a top performing commercial property investment ? the rules are very, very different to residential property.
? You?ll love it when we show you how to beat the banks, and get better finance. You will learn how to get the banks to treat you like a sophisticated investor.
? The tax strategies of the wealthy will be presented by Australia's top property accountants. Almost everybody wants to know about tax and how to minimise it legally. Most people earn money, pay tax and live off what is left. When we show you how to invest and live off your income before tax, you could have twice as much money at your disposal to invest.
? Bullet proof tax structures and asset protection strategies from one of the best solicitors in Australia as well as a discussion about joint ventures and how these could work for property development.
? How to conduct yourself at auctions and how to use an auction's unique dynamics to your advantage.
? The software tools the professionals use to analyse their deals, manage their portfolios and obtain finance.
? How to direct and lead your valuer to get the best valuation.

This workshop isn't just about Renos though.

See the key bullet points of what they will cover over 3 days

When you attend, you will learn:

Perhaps as an exercise you could search Somersoft for answers to all the above bullet points, because the answers are here.... you'd save yourself $2K and learn from a huge array of successful investors, not just one, and it would take you less than 3 days.

And then perhaps you could link the threads you find to each of your bullet points - that would help future investors save $2K - a win for everyone (well almost).

hmm... thanks for you input Keith & Simtr.

Back to the original question - has anyone here attended this type of workshop?

I have attended- many years ago- and found it very worth while.

While a lot of information can be found in a forum like this, it's all over the place. The information presented is all together and collated- and you received the information in a manual. To me, it's like the difference between panning for gold specks or digging the mother lode.

There is the upsell though. It's not high pressure- but there's the buyers agency, the co development, the property management and the mentorship.

While a lot of information can be found in a forum like this, it's all over the place. The information presented is all together and collated- and you received the information in a manual. To me, it's like the difference between panning for gold specks or digging the mother lode.

I agree. Thanks Geoff for taking time and replying to this thread.

If this is going to make you take the next step then I think spending 2K is well worth spent.

I generally agree. Sometimes I've had to spend 10k plus to get me (my mindset really) to go to the next step. And I've always found the returns to be much, much more than the investment.

Mindset isn't an issue for me.

I'm mainly worried about him pushing for his other services such as BAs, Mentor programme, property development etc. after forking out $2k for the initial workshop.

I know he gives Money back guarantee but once you pay someone money it's not that easy to get it back if you are unhappy.. is it?

But it will be your choice at the end of the day whether you decide to use any of the other services. He is trying to add value and sales/marketing are very much the norm.

I would not underestimate the value of networking, if your chosen strategy is developing or renovating then find out who does this and who has been successful then start viewing/reading these posts on SS.

Same as courses etc. if there is an opportunity to network with people who are walking the talk then this could be worth it.

MTR:)

The other services are definitely offered. It's a part of the reason for the course.

They are not pushed hard however (at least they weren't when I did the course) and the corse content is very worth while.

I spoke to Michael Yardney last week and that conversation didn't go too well. He came across as very arrogant person which I must say was bit surprising considering I like his blogs, radio show and books.

He also has a strong opinion on people on Somersoft - he thinks people here are all talks and no action.

Anyways I've decided not to attend his workshop.

I spoke to Michael Yardney last week and that conversation didn't go too well. He came across as very arrogant person which I must say was bit surprising considering I like his blogs, radio show and books.

He also has a strong opinion on people on Somersoft - he thinks people here are all talks and no action.

He thinks people on here are all talk and no action???
I know a couple of people on here that would make a lie of what he is saying to you.
Good idea to give him a miss if he is so narrow minded.

I'm not a Yardney fan personally. I went to one of his free one-day seminars and the ratio of actual useful info vs. upsell was not good at all. Came off as money-grabbing and influencing new investors to use Metropole rather than learn to invest intelligently themselves.

I was ready to sign up but the phone call with him put me off. He just went on about I should listen to him and sign up.

His sales pitch was the material that will be covered in the workshop is not covered in any of his books or videos etc.

Anyway I got the feeling he thought I was like every other person that rings him wanting his help.

I was ready to sign up but the phone call with him put me off. He just went on about I should listen to him and sign up.

His sales pitch was the material that will be covered in the workshop is not covered in any of his books or videos etc.

Anyway I got the feeling he thought I was like every other person that rings him wanting his help.

Good on you.

I had the same experience. I used to enjoy reading his blogs and I was pretty much ready to sign up to use his BAs, but I had a phone conversation with him and found him to be very arrogant and condescending.
Also, I felt like he was talking to a script and I asked a few challenging questions, he got very angry. At that point I realised I didn't want him on my team.

Back