What are your plans for 2015

I'm asking my broker if we can buy another house; he'll probably say no.

If we can, and the building inspector doesn't find anything nasty that we don't see for ourselves, then we will transform this almost uninhabitable place until it becomes fit for habitation, I mean profit. It should be easier than the houses we have renovated for sale previously - this one is just down the street and is already vacant.

Some amazing plans for 2015 from members.

I have spent the last few days reflecting on mine for 2015, quite humble by comparison to others but nevertheless, achievable and add further to balance in my life.

FINANCIAL

Pay down $10,000 on our investment property fixed loan
Continue to buy shares for our son's future education expenses
Put a bit more aside to buy shares if GFC type situation re-occurs
Send a bit more regular contributions to our Super funds
Keep an eye on the RE market if interest rates rise for a nice purchase (unlikely)

FAMILY & PERSONAL

Better life / work balance
More time with family
Move from proficient to fluency in a language I have been learning
Plan annual family holiday
More exercise and better eating
Start home based business we have been planning over the last 6 months

If the above is achieved it will be a good year indeed.

Merry Xmas all

$300k passive income

Is that just properties! How many do u have to get that cashflow.
I have 4 at the moment and they churn out $84k pa gross all are in debt though.

What are your plans for 2015.

To remain alive and well after stealing pinkboys niche business idea.

He wont find me, it's the internet and Im anonymous....arent I ?

I did an exercise on visualising myself as 80 years old and reflecting on my life. I thought I really should have taken much better care of my health, but felt I was independently wealthy, had seen a lot of the world, was well respected and had achieved great things in my life.
Based on this exercise I knew that this meant:
*Fixing my health.
* continuing my property investment and seeking new opportunities
* international travel
* stop playing computer games that chew valuable time with no outcome

So 2015 will be the year I:
1. Run the Sydney city to surf(Never done anything like this so this means getting fit)
2. Drop 18kg to get the body I have always loved back. (Booked into Phuket fit in April to kick both goals along)
3. Buy 3 more ips. Total will be 8 by Dec. Some may be in SMSFs.
4. Visit Vanuatu, Italy and Thailand. 1st and last are already booked.
5. Reduce ppor debt via offset by $30k
6. Sell off old business supplies to pay for debt reduction.
7. Delete games from iPad and phone. To be achieved 12.01am 01.01.15
8. Spoil my mum with a huge 60th surprise party
9. Spoil my husband with An awesome birthday fishing charter.
10 find a business to invest in!
There are more things I want to achieve that are smaller and 10 will keep me busy for a few months

You must be on good coin then?

Well done, I like the "being 80" thing.

Work backwards from there looks great!

Happy New Year and good luck!

Yeah the coin is ok and it's getting better but it's not passive which needs to change!
Happy new year :) it's not luck I need but persistence and Perservence

Luck...as in Health.

Its a lottery really.

Ive known some very healthy individuals only to die at too young an age.

Hence, good on you for taking steps to improve your health but I also wish luck in that department.

Happy new Years!

Quarter time

Thought I would bump this thread...

Well the whistle has been blown on quarter time on 2015,3 quarters still to play.

Just wondering how everyone is progressing with their 2015 plans.

My plans have changed massively over the last week due to some unexpected news,but that's life I suppose,how is everyone else going?

Coota

Thought I would bump this thread...

Well the whistle has been blown on quarter time on 2015,3 quarters still to play.

Just wondering how everyone is progressing with their 2015 plans.

My plans have changed massively over the last week due to some unexpected news,but that's life I suppose,how is everyone else going?

Coota

Hope the news is good news Coota.
Just bought first ip for 2015 bringing total to eight. Planning two more before the end of the year. Passive cashflow goal for this year is in sight. Most importantly, looks like I'm on my way out of this town very soon BIG YAY!

I love this thread. Definitely a good source of inspiration/motivation!

Although it's the 2nd quarter of 2015 I would like to share a few of my goals over the next 12 months. They are

-Continue to put 10% of salary into shares.
-Put 20% of salary towards deposit for an IP to be purchased next year.
-Save/offset PPOR 20 % of salary in anticipation of quitting my job next year to become a broker
-continue exercising at least 4 times/week
-eat more vegetables
-read 1 personal development/business or property book per fortnight.
-continue to learn as much as I can from my broking mentor.
-improve communication skills/improve public speaking
-try to truly connect with every person I come into contact with and make their day better.
-express gratitude every day
-tell my partner I appreciate her more often
-take my dog on some crazy adventure every couple of months.
-go to NZ for a holiday.

I'll stop now or I'll be here all night. :p

On track with some items, some not so much :) Been a pretty great year so far.

1. Complete 6 small projects. 2 builds about half complete now, 4 scheduled in Jan, 2 in June. Ideally acquire 2-4 more sites during the year as well.
2 builds almost complete, 2 slabs down, 2 delayed a bit unfortunately. Should have DA approval on next project on Tuesday. Settled on 2 sites in Jan, 1 in Feb. Acquisition going well. Still working out some issues with time taken between land prep and building
2. Complete first 5 pack townhouse development. Site under contract currently
Bailed on this. Financial modeling wasn't convincing enough at purchase price, also KISS principle works for me.
3. Find a site to build a mid term PPOR
Decided to live in one of the builds we have just got slabs down on. Very excited! First experience building pools, and doing fun stuff like speaker wiring, clipsal switches etc.
4. Be a supportive husband during preparation for the birth of our first child in May.
TBC :)
5. Continue to be a supportive husband after the birth
TBC :)
6. Get back on mountain bike. Surgeon says I can from January onwards.
TBC :) - beginning to stretch the old business shirts so will need to take action soon :)
7. Look at options to step back from work and focus more on property.
Have taken on a JV partner, and had a few offers for others. Also negotiated a couple of deals for mates for a small buyers agent fee. Not the right time with little monster on the way. Think will have to revisit this next year.

So many inspiring stories on here, it's so fantastic to see.

Ellejay,

News wasn't great but I have been watching the Royal Children's Hospitial Appeal so in comparison I am a very lucky person..

My advice is live for today,dont hesitate on acting on your dreams what ever they may be

As I discovered this thread only halfway through 2015 (or 2 quarters in), I feel it's not too late to set some goals and share them here...

Investing Goals
1. Invest into my property education to learn how to buy properties for capital growth and understand how it works in various markets

2. Purchase 2-3 IPs by end of 2015 (looking at Brisbane)

3. Work out how much is needed to fund a PPOR in Sydney and aim to achieve that medium term goal (2-3 years) using property.

Personal Goals
1. Work on my marriage and be a better husband

2. Be a great father role model for my son

3. Reach out and develop 2 close friendships

Back