Adding a Third Storey to a Block of Units

Moving to DA Stage

I have all the consultants on board, the cost for the DA is way above what I expected but I understand what I am paying for, in particular the pre DA chat with Council officers and the SEPP 65 panel was enlightening and should pre empt any approval problems. I have talked to neighbours .. have fire consultants on board.. almost ready to lodge the DA.

I have all the consultants on board, the cost for the DA is way above what I expected but I understand what I am paying for, in particular the pre DA chat with Council officers and the SEPP 65 panel was enlightening and should pre empt any approval problems. I have talked to neighbours .. have fire consultants on board.. almost ready to lodge the DA.

How come it was way more? Will it affect your figures by much?

Sounds like things are ticking along slowly but surely. I'm following with interest.

DA is now with Council

My DA is now with Council and the Neighbours have been advised. I have 4 submissions to respond to. My second meeting with the SEPP committee went as planned and soon the Planning Officer will assess the DA. The DA is not completely complying and the FSR is about 14% higher than allowable by Council. However the adjoining properties have existing FSRs around or higher than my planned FSA. There is also a minimum of 4.8 parking spaces required and I have 3. Because of the shape of the land and turning requirements for cars the 4th garage will be used for scooters and bicycles.

Last edited:
My DA has been lodged

Quick update the DA has been lodged however there are some issues with my western neighbours including acoustic privacy, bulk and the front fa?ade of the building being in a Conservation Area. We have amended some sections of the plans and waiting to hear from Council

DA Approved!

After a year of fine tuning, neighbour objections and accepting Council changes the DA is now approved and ready. Next step budget fine tuning and finance:)

Congratz! Sounds like a great project. Please keep us updated with the progress. Would love to see some before and to be piccies too if available.

Construction Certificate and Construction Documents are next

Thank you for your kind wishes.

I am meeting with the architect and my accountant to plan the next step. I hope to be able to build the rear townhouses first without dislodging the tenants in the front building. There will be negotiation on rents in due course plus a meeting with some finance pedlars :)

Back