Landscaping

So while I am comfortable in doing things on the cheap, how well does my front landscaping fare in increasing the value of my PPOR to help me unlock some equity down the track?

About 150m2 front yard, which my landscaper is going to transform for $3800 (materials only, free labour) since I helped him with a renovation.

Will include new turf, nice reticulation and garden beds, and just compacted limestone roadbase to the LHS at hopefully this will one day be the driveway for a battleaxe block.

Question is, will this just be something I will do for my own pride in having a nice garden, or does it generally get good returns by having new reticulated fronts? Its not exactly just a cheap new lawn and new plants job, about 300mm of the front is coming out for this. I want it to reduce the weeds and have something nice to spend the weekends maintaining, but just curious as to how good the returns are on front landscaping.

Not touching the back, as 400m2 is too expensive and still have plans for future subdivision.

Well I bit the bullet and did it all. The reticulation is great for me while I live here. Keeps a nice front with minimal effort. Doing the plants and garden beds tomorrow. Opens up the front, increased parking space, and my lawn is the best on the street. Came in at $3200. Next is render and paint front elevation.

Before I purchased:
S200661-17744-IMGP6962.JPG.ashx

After (less lawn, and plants to go in, crushed limestone to LHS of driveway and full retic).

A94740A6-A2A2-4050-92F0-D828C1E6B613_zpspylifixs.jpg

Looks great! When you finish it (garden beds, render and paint) you should get a nice increase in equity, assuming it was valued correctly previously. Look forward to seeing more pics.

I think the front facade of any property is a quick and easy value add.

Wow - that grass looks great. I was considering doing the same with my PPOR.

Did you have to do anything or was it supplied/installed for the $3k?

Cheers

Jamie

Wow - that grass looks great. I was considering doing the same with my PPOR.

Did you have to do anything or was it supplied/installed for the $3k?

Cheers

Jamie

That $3k was essentially retic and turf installed. About $15m2 to allow turf, retic is about $500 for a nice control panel then up to $1k for PVC (rather than cheap black poly pipe) and decent ($40 each) sprinkler heads. That said it is larger than your average front yard these days.

Was $2k worth of Bobcat work getting the old garden (weeds) out, but that was a freebie thanks to work/boss/favours.

Highly recommend it, pictures don't do it justice and it has changed my house to really stand out as the nicest on the street IMO.

Back