Are you buying shares

Slowly starting to buy LIC's and ETF's. I'll probably purchase a small parcel every month or two.

Really just DCA'ing and aiming to own broad pieces of the market. Don't have the time or smarts to research specific shares with confidence for now, so am happy to take a slightly lesser return.

Based on what?

You could have purchased JBH much cheaper 2 days ago before their results...

pinkboy

Yea you could have but I wasn't looking 2 days ago haha. I don't look at it everyday. I've stopped doing that and only look when I have $ or expect to be buying soon :)

Yea you could have but I wasn't looking 2 days ago haha. I don't look at it everyday. I've stopped doing that and only look when I have $ or expect to be buying soon :)

Sounds like a very well thought out strategy, with strict execution guidelines.

How's it working out for you?

pinkboy

I've only been in the market for 1-2 years and I don't intend to sell. I have only sold 1 share so far and that was iinet which I wish I hadn't. Sold for the wrong reasons but still made money off it.

I will be sellling off my NAB shares once the dividend payment comes through as I know they are fully priced and bit of a tough time for NAB ahead. This was my 2nd ever buy. I wouldn't buy them knowing what I did know especially for the price I paid but again I haven't lost money.

I highly prefer dividend payments but if there's a company I like I will go for it.

You can say I'm probably a value investor.

So no reason about what your going to buy next just more of a pick top 100?

Sorry not having a go, just curious of how people pick shares. I was taught to follow trends and I used to be part of hometrader, like a tafe for shares I guess.

Market is uptrending ATM. See if ASX breaks 5550 or Dow Jones breaks say 17200. If you got in a few weeks ago there would be some profit to take now.

I'm not buying as I have quite a substantial share portfolio, direct investments. Post tax dividends (mostly franked) are going up nicely over time, although the GFC dented this somewhat. All my shares are long-term hold, with a few ten-baggers. The best I had was 15X. Trading shares is outside my skill range.

Back